Crocks in our squad........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario Terracotta

Player Valuation: £70m
Players who we just can't rely on to have any kind of consistent run in the team...............we do appear to have our share!!!
Coleman,love him, we've had full value and many times more out of him, but forever seems doubtful these days,Mina our best actual defender but we never know when he is available, Branthwaite,looked promising but where is he?Digne,appears to be picking up more and more injuries these days, probably contributing to his loss of form, Gbamin?no chance with this fella I think now, Delph,the daddy of the crocks,Gomes another who just fleetingly appears before getting back on the treatment table, Iwobi is he, isn't he? every week seemingly, add to these serial crocks our misfortune this season with Calvert Lewin,Richarlison and Doucoure and it's pretty telling as to why results lately have turned, feel free to add any others I may have missed!!

It's a dire situation. I'd also add some of the fully fit, but don't seem at all worth it, backroom staff to this list. Certain board members too, perhaps. But to stay on topic. Cenk bloody Tosun.

Gomes is the biggest of all. Somebody coughs near him or opens the door in a draught and a limb falls off. How did we get conned into thinking buying him for 30m after seeing him for a season was a good idea? Even when he was playing for a move and a signing on fee he was made of crisps. He had about 4 good games and when I say 'good' I mean better than those around him.

….I think it’s a very good point to make but perhaps divide into two groups;

1) Players who already had a poor injury record when we bought them.
2) Players who were fit and healthy with excellent injury records when we bought them.

In respect of category 1; it should be a stringent part of our recruitment policy that we don’t acquire players with a history of injuries, particularly large muscle injuries. The likes of Delph should’ve been avoided like the plague.

In respect of category 2; Analyse the type of injury we’re getting & determine if there is a root cause. Are the type of injuries similar (hamstring/quad, knee ligament etc)? Is training schedule too punishing? Is training too competitive? Are players insufficiently warmed up ahead of playing/exercise? etc.

….I think it’s a very good point to make but perhaps divide into two groups;

1) Players who already had a poor injury record when we bought them.
2) Players who were fit and healthy with excellent injury records when we bought them.

In respect of category 1; it should be a stringent part of our recruitment policy that we don’t acquire players with a history of injuries, particularly large muscle injuries. The likes of Delph should’ve been avoided like the plague.

In respect of category 2; Analyse the type of injury we’re getting & determine if there is a root cause. Are the type of injuries similar (hamstring/quad, knee ligament etc)? Is training schedule too punishing? Is training too competitive? Are players insufficiently warmed up ahead of playing/exercise? etc.
Yep spot on Eggs, unfortunately though it appears whoever the management regime is at our club this occurs,I'm sure it happens with most other clubs too,but as you say recruitment and prevention are key.

Gomes, Gbamin, Tosun and Coleman didn't really have much of an injury record to show for before coming here or getting on in years, they've been unfortunate to pick up some of the very worst injuries you could possibly get, with the sad addition of follow-up troubles like in Gbamin's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.