Covid Passports and Testing etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaccine passports would be not giving people a choice. It means you don't get to have human rights if you don't take the jab. It's not directly pinning people down and forcing on them physically, but it is still forcing them.
You always have a choice, you have the choice to.go the game or not go the game, but you shouldn't have the right to.put other people in danger

I go into hospital for a surgical investigative procedure next Tuesday - I have had both vaccinations .....yet on Saturday I have to go for a COVID-19 swab test - I pointed out I have been A - on the day ward seen by the surgeon and the Ultra sound examination B- the pre-med both at the same Hospital - they tested me for MRSA at my pre-med why not do it for COVID-19 at the same time?
NHS as great as it is so disorganised - but I have to return before my procedure?
Which imo makes the vaccine passport look scant if I can be still a carrier.......
Probably so you can be tested as late as possible Joey mate.

But you see right there, your talking as if it's to control peoples movements, when in reality it's only to control the virus.

Look at India right now, its gone mad over there, they recently had full capacity stadiums for the cricket, and it's far worse there right now then anywhere.
See we don't have to have vaccine passports, we could just carry on with empty stadiums and watching it on TV, that's the alternative.
I'm not "talking as if" anything buddy, you assumed that. I mentioned travel as that's the main one spoken about and you were the one who mentioned going to the game initially. I actually went on to mention a few other reasons.

I know you mean well mate and I'm surprised you can't see the flaw in your line of thinking. I don't agree with passports and I'm not anti vax by any means either, nor right wing, the opposite in fact. I know many friends and family who have had the vaccine who disagree with the passport idea also. Most people I see zealously pushing it are doing so for self serving reasons and your last sentence proves that that's the case here too. Worth pointing out too that it's also a false ultimatum. There are many alternatives, our Govt are just useless.

We're all fed up with a year of this BS but passports aren't a good solution imo.

I feel that you're also overlooking that the vaccine doesn't stop transmission, as far as I'm aware, so what difference does a stadium with 100% vaccinated make against a stadium with 80% vaccinated? The people who are vaccinated will be safe no?

So for a foreign holiday you'll need multiple PCR tests at a couple of hundred a pop. Meanwhile you can pick up lateral flow tests foc. Great logic from HMG. lol

This isn't about stopping disease. Passports are about monitoring people and about control. They must be resisted, this is the first step on what is quite a scary path... Does anyone really think that the government won't use this system for protesters? 'Sorry, you're not safe to come here'. Or worse, sorry, you protested this, you now can't go to the pub. Social credit system here we come.
I hope so, I’m fed up of my tax being wasted policing protests with professional protestors turning up causing damage and violence.
There’s a lot better things that money could be spent on than 4 police officers on overtime lifting a dirty, scrag-end off a road in their 4th different protest of the month.

And yet quite a few countries have escaped the worst of Covid with a robust track and trace system,it can be done.
Like in Hong Kong, which for example when you are pinged on the system. The authorities come to your house, rounding you all up. Then, whisk you off for ten days, in government facility... yeah, i really want to live in a place like that.

Like in Hong Kong, which for example when you are pinged on the system. The authorities come to your house, rounding you all up. Then, whisk you off for ten days, in government facility... yeah, i really want to live in a place like that.
To be honest, if thst happened to my neighbours (and all their visitors) who I'm certain are a one house 'vid-vector I'd be delighted. Particularly if it meant I could do stuff.

Its always easy to find something at the other end of the spectrum online,that is if it is factually accurate.

Its always easy to find something at the other end of the spectrum online,that is if it is factually accurate.
I heard this on talk radio, from some Lord. Cant remember his name. He was speaking about how the government needed to be honest about how test and track, worked in countries where it had been successful.

I heard this on talk radio, from some Lord. Cant remember his name. He was speaking about how the government needed to be honest about how test and track, worked in countries where it had been successful.
Given how draconian the Chinese government is it wouldn't surprise. And given enough time I'm sure you could find worse. My oldest friends returned to the UK from Spain gave their quarentine address then carried on as normal. He's printed off a mask exemption certificate so never wears a mask anywhere. Quarentine address never checked, nobody ever looks at his phoney cert. Has to be a middle ground were track and trace can work. But as HMG has committed to vaccination it'll never happen.

I don’t know how i feel about all this to be honest. But what really does my head in is the idiots that think they know everything about COVID and believe it’s all lies. I have people on my social media just spreading absolute nonsense conspiracy theories, nonsense facts, and absolute BS stories. They are just against it for the sake of it. These people believed Tom Hanks was buying kids in waredrobes 12 months ago and seem to just follow every stupid trend. I know people who have died of COVID and these people are putting other people lives at risk. They talk about their freedom like they live in the mountain, and say stuff like they aren’t putting that vaccine in me, yet sniff beak of a dirty table who they bought of some shady fella they have never met. Crazy times.

Probably so you can be tested as late as possible Joey mate.
Yes worked that out.......but how will vaccine passport help me in the future as I have had two make it safe for me to go into a populated areas the debate on this thread when I went into a walk in centre to give bloods it was so strict only four let in plus the seat I used disinfected once you left it.......

Is this really doable for sport , cinemas etc, etc if a double vaccination card you are told you can still be a carrier of Covid?

I'm not "talking as if" anything buddy, you assumed that. I mentioned travel as that's the main one spoken about and you were the one who mentioned going to the game initially. I actually went on to mention a few other reasons.

I know you mean well mate and I'm surprised you can't see the flaw in your line of thinking. I don't agree with passports and I'm not anti vax by any means either, nor right wing, the opposite in fact. I know many friends and family who have had the vaccine who disagree with the passport idea also. Most people I see zealously pushing it are doing so for self serving reasons and your last sentence proves that that's the case here too. Worth pointing out too that it's also a false ultimatum. There are many alternatives, our Govt are just useless.

We're all fed up with a year of this BS but passports aren't a good solution imo.

I feel that you're also overlooking that the vaccine doesn't stop transmission, as far as I'm aware, so what difference does a stadium with 100% vaccinated make against a stadium with 80% vaccinated? The people who are vaccinated will be safe no?
And how about their families etc that they'll be going back to after the match?

Status
Not open for further replies.