corporate hospitality

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbadjeff

Player Valuation: £15m
Excuse my ignorance, but for corporate hospitality, is the tent in the carpark at goodison really used for serving meals in. The reason I ask was last Sat I got my hands on corporate seats in the Waddington suite for the Stoke match.
We got our meal in the suite overlooking the pitch and had soft leather seats, ours were on the half way line and had great views.
Am wondering what the equivalent hospitality packages at Goodison are like. Have sampled the hospitality at Goodison for a big screen showing of the derby match and wondered what the hospitality for a match would be like.

I thought the tent was Club Everton, not really corporate hospitality as far as im aware, we have countless suites within the ground for such things.

As far as im aware.

Excuse my ignorance, but for corporate hospitality, is the tent in the carpark at goodison really used for serving meals in. The reason I ask was last Sat I got my hands on corporate seats in the Waddington suite for the Stoke match.
We got our meal in the suite overlooking the pitch and had soft leather seats, ours were on the half way line and had great views.
Am wondering what the equivalent hospitality packages at Goodison are like. Have sampled the hospitality at Goodison for a big screen showing of the derby match and wondered what the hospitality for a match would be like.

The Marquee is used for 'Club Everton' Hospitality. I suspect the ideology behind Club Everton is to provide more affordable match day hospitality to cover your typical fan who would rather not have to take out a second mortgage.

I've been a few times and rate it. I wrote this about it earlier in the season (Think price has gone up a tad since);

I took the opportunity to experience ClubEverton at our last home game against Blackburn.

I had never experienced Everton hospitality so had no idea what to expect, although considering the relatively cheap price (£89 including main stand ticket, or £49 without the ticket) and the venue (the tent outside the ground), its fair to say that I wasn't expecting much.

I was wrong, it was absolutely fantastic. If like me, you've been put off by the tent, have a look inside;

clubeverton.jpg

clubeverton.jpg

Not only is the venue fantastic, in attendance each week is an Everton legend, Nigel Martyn was in attendance on this occasion, as was Duncan McKenzie - both very approachable - with the latter agreeing to attend a future GrandOldTeam event.

The service was top quality - the "most sound" I've actually ever come across and the 3 course pre-match meal was a lot better than expected.

There was also ongoing entertainment - a quiz that asked "name nine football grounds that have featured in the Premiership but never will again" (Highbury being an example....). Our table won this, winning £25 in free bets :D

All in all, a big hats off to the hospitality team - they've got the balance for Club Everton spot on.

Here are the other lounges;

Many thanks lads, had heard that the tent was for hospitality but couldn't beleive the diference (imagined) of eating in a tent, albeit a fancy one, and eating overlooking the pitch.

Many thanks lads, had heard that the tent was for hospitality but couldn't beleive the diference (imagined) of eating in a tent, albeit a fancy one, and eating overlooking the pitch.

There are numerous suites at Everton.

The Dixie Dean Suite etc.

If you want that then get on the club website
http://www.evertonfc.com/hospitality/32382/1878-suite.html

Forget about the "tent" there are other suites also.

Top of the lot is The Dixie Dean Suite

http://www.evertonfc.com/hospitality/dixie-dean-platinum-suite.html

I've done the 1878 suite before.

http://www.evertonfc.com/exec/

Forget Stoke mate!!! Nomarks.

* A colleague of mines relative works for Gordon Ramsay's Dublin restaurant, and word is the food at Everton is better than there..... so when Danny says he was surprised by the food...

I think that says it all: people have a misplaced low opinion of EFC frankly and what the club does, because some people are only happy ****gin the club off.

Everton just need larger facilities that's the only issue so greater access to them. But what they do have... are all very good in the main I'd say.

Last edited:
Like I'd said, I had sampled one of the suites at a screening of the derby match, there should be more exposure of the corporate side because, like it or not that is the way the game is going and we have to get with it or sink, like the proverbial.

Like I'd said, I had sampled one of the suites at a screening of the derby match, there should be more exposure of the corporate side because, like it or not that is the way the game is going and we have to get with it or sink, like the proverbial.

One of the main reasons for the Kirkby move was for more and better corporate facs. But im sure we have a dude who deals with all that, the website will point you in the right direction.

Maybe due to the amount of space we have, we dont need to push it, maybe its full up all the time? Wishful thinking I know, but there you go.

Oi ive heard them prawn sandwiches can hurt if they catch you in the eye you know and have you even been hit with a Bentley key? No me neither, but im sure it would smart, jolly bad form old bean.

The club do push it but they generally have pushed it to regular users - i.e. true "corporate" who are likely to repeat this.

Last year or so they've expanded it to occasional visitors - with the likes of Club Everton (see Danny's report). This is more general "hospitality" suites rather than official company hospitality

To expand that hospitality side EFC need more capacity........

But what they do have is a core - clientèle for corporate hospitality but like most businesses are always seeking to expand it.

so Goat is right generally they are full up it's the general hospitality where the expansion will be... unless Liverpool and the northwest has a major expansion of businesses into it? (economic growth is currently sluggish and mainly based in the South of England).

New facilities will also allow the club to better compete with the RS and the Mancs etc...

But we all know about the Stadium issues.................................................................

Status
Not open for further replies.