Consensus On Pip Neville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited technical ability, but someone who made the best of himself by hard work and discipline . When he came to us he set the standards of getting into training early and training hard which was alien to some of our then players. Gradually others followed his example . There’s no doubt for me he raised the standards of our then players. If Frank can bring in an equivalent leader on the pitch and in training I’d be happy.

Anyone who thinks bringing Moyes back was the answer should look at the ‘05 summer signings. Arteta aside.
This sort of stuff always cracks me up. Moyes took over a side that had finished in the top half once in 11 years and finished in the top half 9 times in the next 11. He then left and the team has finished in the top half 5 times out of 9, and yet somehow people feel like it was him that was the problem. It’s all kinds of stupid.

Neville was decent enough. No world beater by any means but a decent bloke, popular captain, solid enough player who gave it his all and willing to play wherever he was needed. Basically exactly the type of player everyone moans about us not having now.

Screenshot_20220720-205739.png

Screenshot_20220720-205542~2.png

This sort of stuff always cracks me up. Moyes took over a side that had finished in the top half once in 11 years and finished in the top half 9 times in the next 11. He then left and the team has finished in the top half 5 times out of 9, and yet somehow people feel like it was him that was the problem. It’s all kinds of stupid.

Neville was decent enough. No world beater by any means but a decent bloke, popular captain, solid enough player who gave it his all and willing to play wherever he was needed. Basically exactly the type of player everyone moans about us not having now.
“Decent bloke”, yeah that’s what we need in centre mid!

Anyone who thinks bringing Moyes back was the answer should look at the ‘05 summer signings. Arteta aside.
Was that the year that most potential transfer dealings were scuppered by the uncertainty over whether we would be allowed to compete in the European competition we had qualified for?

Was that the year that most potential transfer dealings were scuppered by the uncertainty over whether we would be allowed to compete in the European competition we had qualified for?
No. It was confirmed before Istanbul that we’d be in the Champions League.

“Decent bloke”, yeah that’s what we need in centre mid!
Wow what an incredible takedown of my post. Touché sir, I see we have a real deep thinker in our ranks. I can’t compete with that sort of intellect so you win this round. On POINTS am I right?! You know, because he used to used to point? Has anyone mentioned that? Probably not, i doubt it, I’m probably the only one who noticed.

If he wasn't a Manc he would not have got nor get the vitriol. Easy target that we are surely better than.
He played well and worked his b*lls off for us. He was also a decent captain who was professional in everything he did. Most Evertonians should say the same - but probably played longer than he should have.

Utility player. Not a particular expert anywhere, but could be relied on for a good attitude and to fill in and do his best. showed more graft than a lot of players with 100 times the natural ability he has. and thats the crumbler, application. didn't shirk a game or a tackle or a poor performance. dusted himself down and got on and had another go.
I've heard it said we know our football, I've heard it said we can tolerate players not up to the grade but what we have never and will never accept is players half-arsing it, not trying, not fighting for us.
When did NSNO no longer apply? When the PL was ushered in and we werent in a position to duke it out close to a fair fight. agent johnson, mike walker, and relegation battles. the first cut is the deepest, and its got sweet nothing to do with Neville. P.

Status
Not open for further replies.