Consensus On Pip Neville

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont really know, as I wasnt born then. But I guess what I am trying to get to is when you see talent leave ( or if what you say is right "was talented") , and sh*te then moves in, then you will be disgruntled. I am sure the generation who saw Rooney for a season would prefer that than 5 years of Brett Angell. What is NSNO now????
A team who’s only ever won 15 major trophies in its existence can hardly claim NSNO anyway. A top player leaving is no big deal most of the time- if he‘s replaced accordingly (as the RS proved when Keegan left). But our failure to sign Archie Gemmell didn’t help matters much, so the impact was felt, even though it’s been massively exaggerated ever since. Ball went to double winners Arsenal- who then won nothing for years and only won trophies again soon after he left.

A team who’s only ever won 15 major trophies in its existence can hardly claim NSNO anyway. A top player leaving is no big deal most of the time- if he‘s replaced accordingly (as the RS proved when Keegan left)
A team who’s only ever won 15 major trophies in its existence can hardly claim NSNO anyway. A top player leaving is no big deal most of the time- if he‘s replaced accordingly (as the RS proved when Keegan left). But our failure to sign Archie Gemmell didn’t help matters much, so the impact was felt, even though it’s been massively exaggerated ever since. Ball went to double winners Arsenal- who then won nothing for years and only won trophies again soon after he left.
Not sure on your allegiance, but I guess others can decide

Allegiance to who, Everton.? What for talking facts?
I presume all your life you never bought into NSNO? fair play if you didn't. I did, and it was generations of blues in my family that thought that way that makes me still proud to be a blue. NSNO & the school of science are philosophies and ideals which may well not be a trophy count to you, but which I've always thought made us worlds apart from the RS. The history and the beliefs for me makes us.

Last edited:
I presume all your life you never bought into NSNO? fair play if you didn't. I did, and it was generations of blues that thought that way that makes me still proud to be a blue
Well I like the motto but never bought into it a great deal, no. I’m far more proud to be a Blue following how good our fans were for the last 2 months of last season than I’d ever be listening to my uncles say ‘they used to call us the Mersey Millionaires” (as if that was some great badge of honour).

I never particularly liked or rated him, but looking back that's likely to do with the fact that he when he played centre midfield he wasn't in the calibre of a Gravesen, Arteta, Carsley, Manny Fernandes etc and when Seamus Coleman finally established himself at right back he far exceeded what Neville could offer there (although I always preferred Neville to Hibbert at right back).

That being said, after witnessing the by and large utter tripe that has been served up post-Moyes, it leaves me absolutely yearning for several of the Moyes 'dependables' who'd absolutely moonwalk whilst blindfolded into this appalling team. The quality and professionalism of our playing squad was taken out back and shot the day Moshiri walked through the door.

I presume all your life you never bought into NSNO? fair play if you didn't. I did, and it was generations of blues in my family that thought that way. NSNO & the school of science are philosophies and ideals which may well not be a trophy count to you, but which I've always thought made us worlds apart from the RS. The history and the beliefs for me makes us.
Trophies aren’t the reason I support Everton, so strange why you appear to be claiming this. Not sure how my uncles and grandads are “set apart” from me by the way when my uncles starting supporting Everton when the RS were in division 2 and my grandad went watch Everton when they were champions In the 1930s. It was me and my generation who started to follow Everton when the RS were this horrible, seemingly unbeatable monster who won everything, while we won nothing and so I’m hardly going to give my grandad and uncles credit for supporting the (then) leading/biggest club in the city, as is this “set them apart”.

1200px-English_pointer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.