2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, call them out mate, if they're dialing it in, shame them.
They're all shi1 and not arsed.
None of them deserve to play for us or are good enough.
So I would just like to ban them from even speaking in the clubs name until they start to resemble or their effort resembles anything near the minimum expected.
Coady chirping up doesn't make any of this any better.

They're all shi1 and not arsed.
None of them deserve to play for us or are good enough.
So I would just like to ban them from even speaking in the clubs name until they start to resemble or their effort resembles anything near the minimum expected.
Coady chirping up doesn't make any of this any better.
We'll agree to disagree on this one, I think Coady's comments may well make one or two of them take a long look at themselves in the mirror. I'm not trying to say the players are the only problem here, but, there is something rotten at the core of this squad and it doesn't seem to take long for the new signings to be pulled in.

It didn't seem an issue under Moyes. It's crept in from Martinez onwards arguably.
Moyes played up to the David and Goliath aspect. He also hand picked players with a point to prove, a career to build or rebuild and reputations on the line. It helped greatly having Aussie sporting mentality grafted in and all the associated example Cahill set. Bit of guile, bit of local boy done good, really capable and hard working. I think that era is gone now as well.
Captain philosophy turned up and it went sour fast. We had a go, it didn't end how we wanted.

We just blame everything on mentality. Every bad run sees people saying the players are phoning it in, not trying etc. Under moyes it was that they were bottlers, since then it’s that they want to get managers sacked. It’s just a convenient catch all excuse for us being crap really.

I think it's a bit of an issue really. It probably causes some of the tetchy scenes you see from players like you do at Bournemouth. I don't think it's that they're not trying, it's often that they're not that good. People infer all sorts of rational, but very few of them have pulled up many trees to elsewhere to make me think they'll do better.

McNeil-relegated at Burnley
Gray- Rejected from Leicester
Gordon- Young lad who 18 months ago couldn't get in at Preston
Maupay- Ultimately rejected by Brighton.

Sometimes you hit the jackpot with such players, but more often than not they mean regress.

Just cottoned on to the fact he will be missing v Wolves,oh gawd?

Godfrey played an hour today for the u21s. I'd say he'll be ahead of Keane and Holgate in the pecking order and I'm certain we'll be hoping to have a deal lined up to shift Mina asap in Jan.

Godfrey hasn't kicked on AT ALL from the player we initially signed but one thing he has is desire and commitment so he may come straight in against Wolves to partner Tarkowski.

Status
Not open for further replies.