2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Coady, but I don’t know why he feels the need to come out and say stuff in the press all the time. He’s going to become the new Coleman if he’s not careful, coming out with rallying cries before we get hammered the next game.

If he’s that concerned about other players standards then he needs to be calling them out in training so their standards lift.

He's right to come out though, he's basically witnessing players who literally either can't be arsed or not good enough and he done everything but name them yesterday.

There's still some proper bad apples inside this club and they need to be removed asap.

Plus Coleman won't come out and do it as he'd only be repeating what he's said time and time again and the players have never responded to him as a captain.

We have 6 weeks now to find new clubs for the likes of Keane, Holgate, Mina, Davies, Doucoure, Rondon for starters.

Given half a chance I'd be moving Mcneil on in a heartbeat, same with Gray and consider offers for Gordon.

There's still far too many players who nearly took us down last season just strolling around like Billy Big bollocks at this club and they need to be punted and sharpish.

I like Coady, but I don’t know why he feels the need to come out and say stuff in the press all the time. He’s going to become the new Coleman if he’s not careful, coming out with rallying cries before we get hammered the next game.

If he’s that concerned about other players standards then he needs to be calling them out in training so their standards lift.
I think he was just voicing, in public, what he has undoubtedly already said to some of his colleagues in private. He is also putting it out there that the problem here, is as much the players attitude as managerial shortcomings. I have been very impressed with Coady up to now.

He's right to come out though, he's basically witnessing players who literally either can't be arsed or not good enough and he done everything but name them yesterday.

There's still some proper bad apples inside this club and they need to be removed asap.

Plus Coleman won't come out and do it as he'd only be repeating what he's said time and time again and the players have never responded to him as a captain.

We have 6 weeks now to find new clubs for the likes of Keane, Holgate, Mina, Davies, Doucoure, Rondon for starters.

Given half a chance I'd be moving Mcneil on in a heartbeat, same with Gray and consider offers for Gordon.

There's still far too many players who nearly took us down last season just strolling around like Billy Big bollocks at this club and they need to be punted and sharpish.
Unfortunately- give or take a couple of players in and a couple of players out this is our squad for the season. January is the time to fine tune, not the time to overhaul your squad.

Hopefully a couple of attackers can get us to safety. Another season with no progress though, especially when you consider he brought three players (coady/tarkowski/gueye) as relative short term impact signings.

As I said, I agree with his comments but I do fear that he is going to be another Everton player that comes out each week saying the same thing without a change being seen on the pitch. He has just blamed all of the players and said it is nothing to do with the manager or staff, as they provide them with all the tools necessary to win a game. Yet, we see a performance that probably suggests otherwise.

I agree with you on the players you say we need to move on, but we won't get rid of even half of them in January, which means it's down to the players that Coady has just called out, including himself. He's heaped a lot of pressure on a team that will need a result against Wolves, in a game that he won't be playing in.

Unfortunately- give or take a couple of players in and a couple of players out this is our squad for the season. January is the time to fine tune, not the time to overhaul your squad.

Hopefully a couple of attackers can get us to safety. Another season with no progress though, especially when you consider he brought three players (coady/tarkowski/gueye) as relative short term impact signings.

I think we need to keep overhauling as much as we can mate, especially when it comes to shifting players who simply shouldn't be here.

January will make or break Lampards Everton future so he needs to demand that a playmaker/winger/striker are top priority then flesh out other positions with proper professional footballers whilst turfing out players who should never have been signed/given extensions in the first place.

They’re contractually obliged to give interviews. They get sent out after the game by the press officer, they get collared by the club website etc. Neville, jagielka, Coleman, coady, whoever you like, none of them spend all week thinking ‘oh I can’t wait to give another rallying cry’, they’re just doing what they’re asked to do.

As I said, I agree with his comments but I do fear that he is going to be another Everton player that comes out each week saying the same thing without a change being seen on the pitch. He has just blamed all of the players and said it is nothing to do with the manager or staff, as they provide them with all the tools necessary to win a game. Yet, we see a performance that probably suggests otherwise.

I agree with you on the players you say we need to move on, but we won't get rid of even half of them in January, which means it's down to the players that Coady has just called out, including himself. He's heaped a lot of pressure on a team that will need a result against Wolves, in a game that he won't be playing in.

The players have heaped the pressure on themselves against Wolves, not just Coady from what he said. Even if he hadn't had said anything, the pressure would have been ramped up due to the lack of desire and effort the last 7 days.

There's a core at Everton that is still rotten and it needs cutting out. Cut out as much as can in January otherwise we might not be so lucky this season in avoiding relegation.

I think we need to keep overhauling as much as we can mate, especially when it comes to shifting players who simply shouldn't be here.

January will make or break Lampards Everton future so he needs to demand that a playmaker/winger/striker are top priority then flesh out other positions with proper professional footballers whilst turfing out players who should never have been signed/given extensions in the first place.
I agree that the squad is nowhere near where needs to be. I just think there is no chance we get the quality of player needed in January especially with our ffp issues.

In all likelihood we will use our two loan spots in January. Broja? Moura? I’d love to be in for kudus again/ mudryk but I reckon that’s the pool we will be looking in…will it be enough? God knows.

Myko has won the ukranian league and a bunch of super cups. Mina has won the south american equivalent of the Europa League. Rondon has won the Russian prem. Winning trophies doesnt translate to being a good player unfortunately.
You’d think they’d have a winning mentality or somthing that comes remotely close mind you though every player we sign ends up being consumed by the Everton malaise after a few weeks

Coady's comments are a tad alarming.

It's the sort of thing that has been said for a long time under a lot of managers, coaching staff, and significant player turnover.

Barring Pickford and Iwobi the starting 11 were all new recruits. They can't all be poison can they?

Is it the subs and wider squad causing a bad atmosphere by not pulling their weight?

Or is it something broader and systematic at the club? The culture? Or just down to signing players whose main flaws are being not the most motivated?

It didn't seem an issue under Moyes. It's crept in from Martinez onwards arguably.

Coady's comments are a tad alarming.

It's the sort of thing that has been said for a long time under a lot of managers, coaching staff, and significant player turnover.

Barring Pickford and Iwobi the starting 11 were all new recruits. They can't all be poison can they?

Is it the subs and wider squad causing a bad atmosphere by not pulling their weight?

Or is it something broader and systematic at the club? The culture? Or just down to signing players whose main flaws are being not the most motivated?

It didn't seem an issue under Moyes. It's crept in from Martinez onwards arguably.

From yesterday's squad alone, Pickford, Coleman, Keane, Mina, Patterson (actually he should get a bye due to injury), Mykolenko, Doucoure, Davies, Gray, Gordon, Iwobi all played a part in pur shambolic season yesterday.

They're failures, Everton culture is one of failure. Some of them have played a part in chucking about 4 managers under a bus.

I just think players in general have changed, they're no longer people with desire to be the best and desire for that good contract cause they become millionaires at 18

They're just spoilt brats. Some of them I honestly don't know how they've made it as professionals, total dross

From yesterday's squad alone, Pickford, Coleman, Keane, Mina, Patterson (actually he should get a bye due to injury), Mykolenko, Doucoure, Davies, Gray, Gordon, Iwobi all played a part in pur shambolic season yesterday.

They're failures, Everton culture is one of failure. Some of them have played a part in chucking about 4 managers under a bus.
Yes mate, no one cam deny that. But the point I'm trying to make is HOW do we seem to constantly end up questioning the players mentality / professionalism?

What is it about Everton FC since season 2 Martinez where players and managers have ended up making comments hinting at such problems?

That's a long period of time to consistently have such problems.

Yes mate, no one cam deny that. But the point I'm trying to make is HOW do we seem to constantly end up questioning the players mentality / professionalism?

What is it about Everton FC since season 2 Martinez where players and managers have ended up making comments hinting at such problems?

That's a long period of time to consistently have such problems.

Starts from the top up imo mate. It's a culture of absolute failure and starts from the top, trickles down to staff, squad etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.