2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something not right about the whole thing for me.

Hes clearly fell out big time with the manager or somebody.
Could it just be a rare occasion in modern day football where respect was shown to a long term servant. Wolves looking to move in a different direction investing heavily in a new CB and Coady needing to play to keep a World Cup dream alive. A solution was found. He has done well so far in a 4. He does have a decent midfield now providing protection

Could it just be a rare occasion in modern day football where respect was shown to a long term servant. Wolves looking to move in a different direction investing heavily in a new CB and Coady needing to play to keep a World Cup dream alive. A solution was found. He has done well so far in a 4. He does have a decent midfield now providing protection
Possibly mate, but it doesnt make sense, he was moved on cos Wolves wanted to switch to a 4 and he couldnt play in a 4.

Then he plays not only in a 4 for us, but along with Tarks they become a wall, then you look and Wolves are playing a back 3, with their DM in defence.

Really doesnt make sense.

I think the 4 at the back thing was a smoke screen. The new manager came in and wanted to be in total control. Do things his way so to speak. Cody is very vocal, even his first training session with us you could hear him shouting, congratulating etc. Obviously Frank has bought into that whereas the wolves manager didn't want it.
Just a though like.

I think the 4 at the back thing was a smoke screen. The new manager came in and wanted to be in total control. Do things his way so to speak. Cody is very vocal, even his first training session with us you could hear him shouting, congratulating etc. Obviously Frank has bought into that whereas the wolves manager didn't want it.
Just a though like.
Yeah, you wonder if ego plays a part of it. Lampard is happy for other people to be big characters and big voices, but maybe Lage wants the only voice to be his own. Or maybe Coady just spoke the wrong language.

Reactions: Ivo

Possibly mate, but it doesnt make sense, he was moved on cos Wolves wanted to switch to a 4 and he couldnt play in a 4.

Then he plays not only in a 4 for us, but along with Tarks they become a wall, then you look and Wolves are playing a back 3, with their DM in defence.

Really doesnt make sense.

Wolves are just the victims here of a manager with too much "philosophy" and not enough will to win by whichever means will get the points. We've been through that plenty of times. A superb loan for us, you can see why their fans are up in arms about it.

Top class so far. Didn't have doubts on his ability but did have doubts on him being in a top 4 but proving me wrong every week.

Wolves apparently having to play Ruben Neves as CB tonight (really?) already hinting this was one of worst transfer decisions of the season so nice to be on the beneficial end for once. Wolves will go very close to relegation I think as they have hardly any goals in their team.

Just a though like.

Lage was there all last season and Coady basically played every minute.

Thing with Wolves is they've left themselves very thin at back. They signed Nathan Collins who in fairness is a good up and coming CB but they need a Tarkowski type signing just to give that assurance once they decided to let Coady go. They have little depth at CB and all it takes is a suspension and they're playing a central midfield there.

Didn't just lose Coady in the window but let Boly go to Forest, Saiss went on a free to Turkey and they sold Dendoncker who can also fill in backline as last resort so some odd dealings lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.