Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
The scary thing is ideally we could do with a further CB now Godfrey is oot for 3 months (he's crap anyway injury aside) but cant see the budget being there.

In an ideal world we could move on Keane, Gbamin & Gomes by the windows end and bring in a further CB alongside a wide player to replace Richy and a reliable CF.

Yes, as a stop gap though I like the look of the new lad Vinagre. Myko is an absolute warrior wherever we put him so I could live with Myko playing on the left of a back three if needed with Tarks and Coads.

Seems like a nice bloke, great leader and good at pinging it across the pitch. He'll add composure, organisation and genuine experience of playing in a properly-functioning back 3. Actually having 2 senior, experienced centre backs who very rarely miss a game will be a boost for us given our injury troubles.

He gets exposed badly 1 v 1 defending imo but we seem to getting the right faces in midfield to prevent them type of situations from happening. Now I would pay good money for his pal Kilman from Wolves but I think he'll go on to a top 6 club next season.

Does anyone know that he can’t play in a 2 or are people assuming he can’t the same way Tarkowski supposedly couldn’t play in a 3 because he’d only ever played in a low block 4-4-2 at Burnley?
People just spouting what the media are saying don’t know how a centre back who’s trained all his life and been a premier league defender for years can’t play in a 2 but can play when there’s a extra player there

With Tarkowski, Coady and even not forgetting Big Mick who can ping one when called upon our distribution out of defence is going to be among the best in the league. Not necessarily route one muck although they'll find a striker quickly when the opportunity presents, but those big crossfield balls to the wing backs are going to start some lethal counters. Proper centre back / quarter back stuff.

£12 million? ?
Mad people think 12 millions is a good deal when we have zero quality in the attacking third...Gordon is very inconsistent and might take a couple of seasons before really be a major player for us...if we go ahead with this signing surely we can't have much left bearing in mind our well documented ffp issues...just on wages alone we must be closer to what we were paying last year and not seeing any takers for gomes/gbamin...

Don't get me wrong like, I think he's a good signing, just was expecting a bit less than £12 mil all-in considering he's in his last year there.

Status
Not open for further replies.