Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone know that he can’t play in a 2 or are people assuming he can’t the same way Tarkowski supposedly couldn’t play in a 3 because he’d only ever played in a low block 4-4-2 at Burnley?
I would trust him to play in a back 1 over the likes of Keane and Holgate in a back 4

£12m is a bit steep but if he gives us 3/4 years then it's sound.

Get him in Frank lad.
As long as it doesn’t hamper our attacking signings I think that’s decent enough. From a value / resale point of view good quality CBs can still command a fee into their 30s, at 29 if he can hit form and regain his England place it’s a decent investment as well as an ideal guy to slot straight in now.

I am actually very surprised Wolves would let a leader like him go, I have always thought he is a good player, but more than that he is a proper leader and personality.
Not just that, its not even like he was never playing, as he has been starting pretty much every game bar yesterday, only not playing because wolves want a different system supposedly, i for one think he will be a decent signing if we complete it

Can see the logic in that he'd be able to play straight away and we don't have much money to work with, but I don't think he's all that, personally. Good on the ball but not the best defender. I suppose you'd hope he'd make a decent mix with Tarkowksi, who's a solid all-rounder, and Holgate, who can defend but can't pass.

Needs signing if we’re honest £12m for a 29 year old is very reasonable given that we’ll likely get 4 good years out of him. Fed up of Mina getting injured so he’s basically a write off, and I’ve seen Holgate and Keane enough to know I don’t want them both starting. Tarkowski, Coady and Holgate would do me until Godfrey or Mina comes back.

I really, really wouldn’t sign a player who can’t play in 2 CB system
The flip side to this is, if you’re planning on playing with 3 centre backs, you need someone who has plenty of experience playing it. It often looks completely alien to our cbs. Would say yesterday was the first time we’ve looked comfortable in a back 3 (barring the lapse for the goal obviously).

Status
Not open for further replies.