Confirmed: Roberto Martinez Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only just read this statement. Amazing that even at this point he still thinks his sacking is down to the results of the 'last 8 weeks'. I wanted to like him, I really did, but the man is so deluded that I'm afraid I'm just glad were shot of him now, would have been terminal to keep him on.

Also, reading between the lines, I definitely get the impression that this decision was all to do with Moshiri, and Martinez would still be here if it was for Kenwright. Well played Moshiri, onwards and upwards Blues.

Wonder what he did today?

Bet it was intense.
Probably sat in his bills with some baked beans on his chin stinking of BO complaing to Beth that Unsy is doing a better job after one game, along with a clean sheet.

Ironically the scorers of the last two goals of the Martinez reign.

Yep....we called it in the car on the way to GP. Never seen Mirallas put himself about as much as he did in the first half, and Baines suddenly found the bottle to take a pen. First time in nearly 40 years I've not cheered Everton goals...just couldn't bring myself to acknowledge the pair of weasels who downed tools for so many games. Sure I'll be over it by next season and they'll get my support but it pissed me off big time yesterday.

Yep....we called it in the car on the way to GP. Never seen Mirallas put himself about as much as he did in the first half, and Baines suddenly found the bottle to take a pen. First time in nearly 40 years I've not cheered Everton goals...just couldn't bring myself to acknowledge the pair of weasels who downed tools for so many games. Sure I'll be over it by next season and they'll get my support but it pissed me off big time yesterday.

Baines stopped taking penalties because of Martinez - nothing to do with bottle. The manager managed that situation abysmally.

Baines stopped taking penalties because of Martinez - nothing to do with bottle. The manager managed that situation abysmally.

Absolute rubbish mate...he missed at Utd and his bottle went. That other bad egg Mirallas didn't help snatching the pen off Bianes. His bottle went for a good while when he came back from the World Cup having been embarrassed. I like Baines, but he's not immune from criticism and on this occasion his slyness has really annoyed me.

Interesting article on the Mail website tonight with Jagielka...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

These comments were the most interesting part:

"Football is a results business and unfortunately for us in the league it is not what we have wanted. I am not really prepared to answer the question of what went wrong. Obviously the results were the results. In the end that is what cost the manager the job. It is as simple as that.

'There were things put on TV, such as the last 10 results, and unfortunately that was the state of play. Things materialised because of the results and it was very hard for the manager to stay in charge. The people who make the decisions decided that was the case."

It's not rubbish. Baines had that one saved (still the only penalty he's ever missed in a league game) and Martinez took the job away from him.
He was told to give them to Rom to boost his goal scoring record. Some posters cannot accept Martinez’s man management was poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.