Confirmed: Roberto Martinez Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is a really nice guy, but.....

His statement was so, so poor.

Should be apologising for all the devaluing he has subjected our club to.

Oh well, he definitely won't ever manage in the premier league again.

And probably shouldn't manage at any other top club either.

Martinez statement through the LMA.

Just like his teams, Martinez has no defence over his sacking....

Only has himself to blame....inherited a good team (and added 3 really good signings at the start)....then stubbornly refused to work with his team with the defensive side of the game....spoofer...

So much purpose and drive in that video. Comparing that to now we are so pedestrian. Bob had to go but watching that vid the players have to take some responsibility. If only we could have kept that dream going, Allez allez allez oh! Good luck in the new job and thanks for the memories. It wasn't all bad.

But the sad thing about it is that despite Jones and the acolytes labouring the point about "playing the same way" - when the 5th goal went in vs Chelsea Martinez just seemed to lose complete faith in his own methods. Look at players getting beyond Lukaku and Naismith in that video - virtually no one got beyond the the centre forward in recent months.

Eto'o had a chance in the Chelsea game to get it to 4-5 or something (maybe 4-4 can't remember ) and his header hit the woodwork. We played some unreal attacking footy that day.

No Cleverley 's or Naisse's or other horrors like that are anywhere to be seen.

He talks about not having had the chance to "finish the job". On the stats based trajectory we were on, you'd be terrified to see what that would look like.

His failure to appreciate what he was inheriting - and this is a common theme as he held a small fans forum while at Wigan where he ripped into Bruce and Jewell for their signings - and this mad idea that he had to "build" the club (we're one of the oldest and most successful clubs in Britain ffs and he hardly took over a club in crisis) ultimately cost him.

People say he "gets" Everton. Don't agree - he was fully aware of our history and our greats but he failed to truly understand the basic characteristics of the Club, and that's why he was ultimately a failure. He talks of a last 16 place in the EL and semi finals as achievements. Mate we've won the league more times than most clubs have accumulated trophies.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way that statement reads to me, is that he still doesn't accept or think he is culpable for our current position in anyway, shape or form.

I wish the man no ill will, but surely that's got to put any club looking for a manager off ?.

Even now he still remains blameless in his own head - that's worrying !

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way that statement reads to me, is that he still doesn't accept or think he is culpable for our current position in anyway, shape or form.

I wish the man no ill will, but surely that's got to put any club looking for a manager off ?.

If I hadn't heard otherwise from another poster who would know the info, it would also suggest that he had no intention of resigning either.

He would have marched us merrily over the cliff with his big mate Jones and was genuinely expecting Moshiri to just hand over £100m for him to gamble with.

Scary stuff. Won't miss him.

Thankfully it's his own worry now, not ours.

The only remnant of this is that his old colleagues appear, at least publicly, to agree with Martinez. Unsworth for one seemed quite genuine about this, Tim Howard too. It's like they're not aware how much of a shambles the team have been these last few months.

If I hadn't heard otherwise from another poster who would know the info, it would also suggest that he had no intention of resigning either.

He would have marched us merrily over the cliff with his big mate Jones and was genuinely expecting Moshiri to just hand over £100m for him to gamble with.

Scary stuff. Won't miss him.
To you honestly think, hand on heart, that he believed he was doing a good job?. Or was/is he just a bare faced blagger?.

Martinez statement through the LMA.

Pretty much what you'd expect him to say under the circumstances. Hopefully he'll admit to himself where he's gone wrong and learn from it, but I suspect it's less than 50-50 that he actually will.

Judging from the wording of his statement, it strikes me as if he does not think he has done anything wrong bar the last eight weeks. In reality, he has lost the dressing room and the results are plainly tosh for more than 18 months not merely 8 weeks.

He did mention he is disappointed for not having the chance to finish the job. You see judging from the results since August 2014, we have more of a chance in fighting relegation next season with him in charge.

In case our new manager does lead us to achieve a good finishing next season Martinez would be claiming credit as he said the forthcoming window is a significant one to build something on. Credit where it's due, Bobby signed good young players like Lukaku and Del Boy meanwhile he also sign crap like Kone and McGeady. Niasse I will not write him off completely but it does look like we will lose significant amount of fee by cashing in him.

This statement is like a covering letter of his cv, highlighting his "achievements" throughout his regime. Personally, semi and last 16th in cups ain't achievements.

No mention of Mr Moshiri. You're the man new boss thank you for doing the best for Everton.

Bit surprised at the statement, part of it reads like a response to an indictment.

Can see why he would place emphasis on the "72 points" but references to Europa League last 16 and two cup semi-finals, as per the club statement, make him and us look small time. Those are no achievements.

Wish him well and no doubt he'll find a club to take him on. His management was utterly chaotic and disastrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.