Confirmed: Roberto Martinez Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent. It's still extremely frustrating that the board have allowed the last 2 months to happen though. Way too late this.

One thing we should thank Roberto for is that he tried to change the mentality at the club. He's raised expectations, and took every opportunity he had to big us up. We're a sleeping giant, not a club that should taking knives to gunfights. Shame his ability wasn't good enough to get us back to those days.

I truly believe that his first 12 months he gave us back the School Of Science. He raised our standard (and then of course failed to meet them). If there is one thing I hope we take from his time in charge it is that we should always stay true to our footballing roots.

It's probably been said earlier in the thread, but the 1st season was a combination of the discipline left over from the Moyes days along with an overdue change in philosophy. For one year, it worked out wonderfully. After that, the discipline faded even as the talent level increased. We were left with a Ferrari with no steering wheel.

I feel bad for Martinez. I feel like he has a role in a football club, but running the entire ship? That hasn't gone well for him.

And on we go. Everton will continue to be Everton until it changes.

Change happens when it happens. We watch and we wait. There are so many who care so much.

Full statement.

Everton Football Club regrets to announce that Roberto Martinez has left his position as First Team Manager with immediate effect.

The Chairman and the Board of Directors would like to place on record their thanks for the dedication and commitment Roberto has shown during his three seasons with the Club.

Roberto has been a great ambassador for the Club, conducting himself, at all times, with the utmost integrity and dignity.

He secured the Club its highest ever Premier League points total, a place in the last 16 of the Europa League and appearances in both domestic cup semi-finals.

He has also played a key role in the development of several young players, managing their progression to the Everton First Team and International honours.

Status
Not open for further replies.