Coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Jarvis

Player Valuation: £35m
Right thats the playing over and time to think about other things. We have to look forward to the new season and what that will bring. We are in the Europa Cup and heres hoping we can have a good run in it.

First and foremost though is 1st July and what that heralds. Yes, transfer window opens and we have not got 2 pennies to rub together or so it would seem.

Looks like the nail biting, anxiety and stress is not over. What it is to be an Everton supporter, hardly a dull moment.

Anyone want to start off with predictions, who's going and who's coming? We have a good idea already of some who are going. However after today IMO we need to keep Jacobsen here. So lets get the ball rolling.;)

Right thats the playing over and time to think about other things. We have to look forward to the new season and what that will bring. We are in the Europa Cup and heres hoping we can have a good run in it.

First and foremost though is 1st July and what that heralds. Yes, transfer window opens and we have not got 2 pennies to rub together or so it would seem.

Looks like the nail biting, anxiety and stress is not over. What it is to be an Everton supporter, hardly a dull moment.

Anyone want to start off with predictions, who's going and who's coming? We have a good idea already of some who are going. However after today IMO we need to keep Jacobsen here. So lets get the ball rolling.;)

We need a billionaire to come in and say here's my cheque book David!

We need a decent right back and winger, I believe we have the left sorted out with Baines & Pienaar looking like a great partnership. Not sure about Yak & Saha up front together, think we play better with five across midfield and with what we have at present it would be a waste not to use what we have to our advantage.

There was an article in the Mail today regarding Owen coming in over the summer... Now not sure about that... (Dreams... Final game of season against Liverpool, Owen scores for Everton and relagates Liverpool...Wakes up):oops:

As Cahill said post match today in response to that type of question: 'we need to keep all our best players and add to them'. So priority one is for Moyes not to come under pressure to sell someone in order to buy another (or two others with the money). If he can do that and add, realistically, a midfileder who can take the bleedin ball off the defence and move it forward then we can do what we did this year...as long as the fixtures dont kill us!

I have a feeling this will be the last paupers summer we go into and that this time next season we'll have investment from somewhere.

As Cahill said post match today in response to that type of question: 'we need to keep all our best players and add to them'. So priority one is for Moyes not to come under pressure to sell someone in order to buy another (or two others with the money). If he can do that and add, realistically, a midfileder who can take the bleedin ball off the defence and move it forward then we can do what we did this year...as long as the fixtures dont kill us!

I have a feeling this will be the last paupers summer we go into and that this time next season we'll have investment from somewhere.

It left me a little uneasy when he said that mate.

surely with a good cup run, and the new kitbag deal we will be able to make one decent signing? with VDM,& Castillo off the wage bill as well?:huh:

Well we know Jo and Valente are both leaving and maybe Jacobsen. I can't see anyone besides those leaving unless it's Big Vic on loan or some other youngster going on loan. Wouldn't mind taking Mancienne and Nani on loan. I'd say both of them would be an upgrade from what we have right now. Maybe not much of an upgrade but I can't think of anyone that would be a major improvement that we could realisticly get right now with the low funds we have.http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/profile?id=42224&cc=5901

It left me a little uneasy when he said that mate.

On reflection, I think it might have been a reference to Johnson going last season to fund other transactions. Many players were gutted when Johnson went if you remember.

I reckon we'll be looking to move someone on this time too and that Moyes will hope to recycle the cash and look to bring in a few decent Bosmans. Not ideal by any stretch of the imagination.

As I said above, I do see this season as the last when we go into a transfer window looking down the back of the couch for pennies. It has to change simply because the stadium decision will have come and gone and then we'll all know what's in front of us. We're on the cusp of something here at this club and failure to push forward with it will be badly punished. It's a cliche, but it really is time to sh1t or get off the pot.

Hibbo had a bad day and now he's crap?

Ah ok then.

Probably the same people who wanted rid of Jags after his start last year or Lescott after his start this year.

Might be time to start up the ole Knee Jerk Reaction Thread again.

Hibbo had a bad day and now he's crap?

Ah ok then.

Probably the same people who wanted rid of Jags after his start last year or Lescott after his start this year.

Might be time to start up the ole Knee Jerk Reaction Thread again.

He's not crap but it's defiantly a position that needs to be improved. I wouldn't want to have him as first choice next season but as a back up. Same with Osman; don't get me wrong I like Osman but it's all about consistency. Him, like Hibbert, has his moments when he's pure class but for the most of the season I wasn't sure if he was playing or not. We need players on the right side that will make a big impact on a weekly basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.