Come on lads, it's time for the wailing an gnashing of teeth to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL is not up to it.

Kenny is playing in a very good German team and knocking on the door of the CL. He has bags of experience now and confidence. He looks a winner to me. Digne is class, but carrying an injury.
Schalke are poor and Kenny has shown nothing for us , Digne cannot defend injury or not and needs to be binned ASAP

I really dont feel that bad about today and i dont know why?..felt the 5,2 drubbing was worse!!
..but am off work for a week so maybe i ts because i dont ave too take s$%t off workmates... but lets move on nsno

I think there is still the basis of a squad here
Pickford, Holgate, Mina, Digne, Gomes, Richarlison, DCL and possibly Bernard.
Add three players in January and possibly another three in the summer.
The last time we had a wholesale change was under the astute guidance of Steve Walsh and look where that got us.

It was another loss to a decent bunch of Liverpool players with a pretty untalented Everton team.

This is what happens with the Everton team erected in the last 3 seasons or so with too much cash. This is the Zombie Everton lingering on.

Let's hand Carlo the tools to transform us and get these players out and his own better quality players in.

I dont even consider this ground zero. That happened weeks ago at Anfield with that 5-2 mauling. Decisions were taken then which ended up with us having a genius manager in our dugout. As long as he's backed, he'll get us our position and status back in a couple of seasons.

Five or six of Ancelotti type players in to add to a small handful of the current lot and we'll be a different proposition next season. It's going to get better. Much, much better.

It's the team that beat Chelsea a couple of weeks ago Dave, we were poor and there is no excuse really.

It was another loss to a decent bunch of Liverpool players with a pretty untalented Everton team.

This is what happens with the Everton team erected in the last 3 seasons or so with too much cash. This is the Zombie Everton lingering on.

Let's hand Carlo the tools to transform us and get these players out and his own better quality players in.

I dont even consider this ground zero. That happened weeks ago at Anfield with that 5-2 mauling. Decisions were taken then which ended up with us having a genius manager in our dugout. As long as he's backed, he'll get us our position and status back in a couple of seasons.

Five or six of Ancelotti type players in to add to a small handful of the current lot and we'll be a different proposition next season. It's going to get better. Much, much better.
I'd say most of your posts are nonsense. But this actually makes sense

Spin it how you want we lost to a bunch of kids

How many first teamers were on the pitch at any stage? Milner, Gomez and ummm?

Adrian, Gomez, Lallana, Milner, Origi, Oxlaide-Chamberlain and their new signing Minamino. 5 of those players have started games for them in recent weeks plus they had their captain and best player as unused subs, that’s half of their 18 man squad

Adrian, Gomez, Lallana, Milner, Origi, Oxlaide-Chamberlain and their new signing Minamino. 5 of those players have started games for them in recent weeks plus they had their captain and best player as unused subs, that’s half of their 18 man squad
Not one of them gets in their first choice 11, not one. So half of their second 11 and a handful of youth prospects goes in the acceptable losses column now. We really are terrible then.

Trsut him to bollocks it all up. No blend, no clue. No need for his presence here anymore.

He's failed.

Does rather look that way.

Brands committed us to a big net spend before last season, but improved the squad. Richarlison, Mina, Digne, Bernard and the Zouma and Gomes rentals plugged holes. We can argue about whether we overpaid, but the +22 jump in goal differential would seem to suggest that we did something right.

Fast forward a year, and we're on pace to be right back where we were on goal differential and points prior to all of this net spend. We fired Walsh after two years for flushing the Stones and Lukaku money plus another 100 million quid with nothing but a Europa appearance to show for it.

Brands's sins may not be as great, and you could argue that the Gomes and Gbamin injuries and Walsh's bad buys are the main problem right now. But he's still on the hook for what looks like a whiff on a young striker when we desperately needed some goals, as well as failing to adequately replace Gueye and provide cover in the middle of the pitch.

To put it another way - if you're given a big net spend and the club treads water, you failed. You're Woodward. And we all know he needed to at least be relieved of transfer authority, if not fired, ages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.