Come on lads, it's time for the wailing an gnashing of teeth to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s my issue Dave. Regardless of who the manager wants, I don’t trust these lot to bring any of their number 1 targets in and on time. Wouldn’t surprise me if we are left panic buying on deadline day again.
No way Ancelotti is going to be listening to that ball bag Brands. No way. The cash will go to him and he'll get the players in.

The insinuation that that Liverpool side tonight was as good or better in terms of playing personnel than our team is laughable. You are right about one thing, the stadium and the opposing manager, who did nothing tactically - because he didn't have to, caused our millionaire international footballers to evacuate their bowels on terrestrial TV in front of the nation before rolling over to have their bellies tickled by a bunch of youth team players. Most embarrassing result in my 40 odd years watching the club. We've been worse than this in the past but never so gutless. Any other premier League team knocks them out tonight. We were always going to lose.

You said Villa thrashed that side, it wasn't the same side. Not even close.

I think Origi, Milner, Lallana, Minamino all get into our starting 11.

Then you look at Adrian, an established keeper and Joe Gomez, Phillips, Chirivella are all early 20s, same age as Holgate, Lewin.

Sure, a weakened team but the reality is, as you acknowledge in the last sentence - that weakened team was always giving our lot a go - the side we put out is poor.

Ancelotti has a massive job on.

Come on mate, After our last two games I think our new manger bubble has well and truly burst

We play like that on the weekend and Brighton will run us ragged, Results go against us and we could be 2 points off the bottom three

Or play how we did against Chelsea, United and Newcastle, results go our way and we’ll be two off a Europa spot such as how the league is

So, what you're saying is, this is the start of yet another rebuilding of the team, results which we could possibly see in the years to come. The well is dry, its all been heard before many, many times. Excuse my apathy but all I see is pottling along mid-table awaiting a possible new shiny stadium.
Been saying that for a while. Remain relevant is all I can hope for and that by moving to a new midden we can somehow re-invent ourselves into a truly competitive side.

Or play how we did against Chelsea, United and Newcastle, results go our way and we’ll be two off a Europa spot such as how the league is

Again, New manager bounce

That's now well and truly gone, We will slowly fall back into the Silva levels of effort

Sorry, Dr Pedant. What I should have said is we lost to a similarly low level of opposition that Villa thrashed 5 - 0. Better?

The squad that went to Villa didn’t have a single first team player in it, tonight they had 6-7 in it including their Captain and best player on the bench

I hope so and can’t imagine him leaving it to Brands and Blue Bill.
No chnce that's happening. Bramds has been sidelined. EVERY decision since the day Silva was sacked has been taken by his employers. No way Ancelotti agrees to come here and work with more of the dross he buys. None whatsoever.

Something there to work with for Ancelotti:

Richarlison
Gomes
Digne
Holgate
Kenny

Not sure of the youngsters coming through, though not expectant.

Needs to add six by the start of next season to start heading in the right direction; the whole team transformed by end of the summer after.

Long hard road, but I trust the man in the dugout if he;s up for it and he's backed.
scrub Digne and Kenny from that list and add DCL - 4 players is not a lot to start with though !

Status
Not open for further replies.