Collina Masterclass SKY Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally doubt it was fixed, that's some Kopite like conspiracy talk there. It was an awful decision though.

Fact is, if you want to see an infringement, you'll see one -- and Collina was looking for one.

Oh god I would love it if they did a live phone in part.
"So Collina, how much did you get paid to ensure we didn't get past Villarreal?"

He was asked that question once at some talk he gave. It's on Youtube somewhere.

It was well known that because of the LFC permitted entry in to the champions league as they changed the rules just for them - the TV money for the other clubs was going to have to be split 5 ways the other three teams werte making legal noises if 5 teams qualified for the group stage!
- No way was that going to happen hence getting a retired ref back for that game to make sure we did not progress - I remember it well he gave us nothing that night revealingly calling a foul on big Dunc every time he won the ball in the air fairly - that corner goal was a joke their defender was pulling an arm on Bent as well it was six of one etc, it had no bearing on the goal that, which was fairly scored = robbed again by the side from the other side of the park!
answer is you should not change the rules just to suit them!

If I won the euro millions rollover I'd buy every baldy in Italy a hair transplant, except him!

Definitely fixed, saying that I think it's pretty clear that the Wimbledon game that kept Everton up was too. What goes around and all that.
Still though, that expression he pulls when Ferguson asks him why he's disallowed it is up there with Suarez' pained face expression in terms of its ability to induce hatred

An interesting one that. Our first relegation battle, only two years after being seen as one of the biggest teams in the country, to the extent we actually were one of the founding members who broke off into this corrupt joke of a league? No different to the way Liverpool were practically given the league title (and humourously threw it away) this season.

That'll come out one day I think.

It was well known that because of the LFC permitted entry in to the champions league as they changed the rules just for them - the TV money for the other clubs was going to have to be split 5 ways the other three teams werte making legal noises if 5 teams qualified for the group stage!
- No way was that going to happen hence getting a retired ref back for that game to make sure we did not progress - I remember it well he gave us nothing that night revealingly calling a foul on big Dunc every time he won the ball in the air fairly - that corner goal was a joke their defender was pulling an arm on Bent as well it was six of one etc, it had no bearing on the goal that, which was fairly scored = robbed again by the side from the other side of the park!
answer is you should not change the rules just to suit them!

There was precedent in Spain I think about the 4th placed team just being thrown out when Madrid won the CL. I agree it was totally a fix, but the fact we were allowed in was down to past events. Had it been spurs 4th and Liverpool 5th and winning it, there would have been no hesitation in telling spurs to do one. It's only because of the acrimony and potential trouble due to what happened in the 80s that we were given that qualifier to pacify us in the first place. They (the fa who made the decision to enter us ahead of Liverpool before Uefa let them in) actually pandered to us, possibly out of fear of what our fans would do the next season due to old fashioned worries. The precedent was there to just say 'sorry we're entering Liverpool'

A few people in football I hate with a passion. Gerrard, Suarez, Bale (just think he's a prick. who trademarks a celebration ffs), Pardew, Hawwy Wedknapp. I get wound up thinking about them - the former two at least.

But I despise Collina more than any of them. I actually have to blank my brain and go to a happy place when I hear anything about him coz I think I'd just go nuts if I gave him any proper thought.
Horrible CU Next Tuesday set us back many, many years imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.