Homepage Update: Coleman Signs New Five-Year Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
No media circus.No agents spouting bs about contracts being 99.9999% signed.No constantly talking about how i want to play for a club that matches my ambitions.Contract signed no issues no bs.If only a certain Belgian would take a leaf out of Seamus Colemans book.
On this, I knew the moment Lukaku switched agent to that Raiola fella that all this crap would kick off.

Anyway, I love Seamus and we need players with his attitude.

I mean going forward, im pretty sure we have insurance to cover all players contracts.

But honestly who cares, they will have known during the operation if he wasnt gonna play again.
He could never play for the club again for all I care, he's the most Everton person we've got right now, should be made club captain forthwith, and never allowed to leave! We should be proud to have players who are such ambassadors for the club.

It's complete madness to offer a player a new five year deal when no one knows yet if he will make it back.

It's complete madness to offer a player a new five year deal when no one knows yet if he will make it back.
He will make it back no problem,once he gets the mental factor out his head etc,and makes a crunching tackle,be tackled,runs like crazy, he will be fine

Delighted with this news, my favourite current Everton player. Should ensure he gets a testimonial to, I know these days they don't mean as much but I like to see players recognised by clubs when they deserve it and for me this lads attitude since he's been here has been an example to all youngsters in the game

and don't you know he'll give it all to charity when he gets a testimonial

Looking like Seamus will now finish is playing days in England for us.

Magic.

We will let him get clattered around the gaelic football pitches of Donegal for a year after that and then I want him putting the fear of jaysus into the young fellas so that when a fifty fifty challenge comes in ten years time, we will have half a dozen little Seamus proteges putting their lives on the line for the Toffees.

As Rubbertoe would say, Everton DNA to the marrow!!

PS - Without him, we are one dimensionally narrow at the moment and easy to shut down. No outlet on the right.

I concede that football is not my area of expertise per se; but I do not think it wise to offer a 5 year contract to a player who has just suffered a very bad, and possibly career limiting injury. Oviedo QED.
I like Coleman as a player very much, but I think Everton should have taken a more cautious approach as regards the length of his contract extension, (for the reason I've alluded to).

He was offered the deal and it was all agreed before he was injured.

It would have been pretty awful of us to rescind the contract offer or try to change it, especially to a player who's been a fantastic servant and wonderful representative for the club over the past 8 years.

Plus players can come back from his injury. 10-15 years it may have been a career-ender but now with the advances in medical science it's much more possible.

I concede that football is not my area of expertise per se; but I do not think it wise to offer a 5 year contract to a player who has just suffered a very bad, and possibly career limiting injury. Oviedo QED.
I like Coleman as a player very much, but I think Everton should have taken a more cautious approach as regards the length of his contract extension, (for the reason I've alluded to).
Oviedo wasn't actually that good to begin with tbh.

It's a statement, there are players still the club, less committed players than Seamus, who mouth off at every opportunity in the press. Seamus has always just got on with it, despite being in demand as one of the top right backs in the country. He is, and rightly so, being rewarded for that loyalty. I believe that with his natural fitness and his positive mental outlook, he will be back as good as new.
Even if he doesn't this is a statement, it sends out a signal that says, " we are Everton, be loyal to us and we will be your family".

This may have been said but haven't caught up with the thread. Seamus said the contract had been agreed before the injury and signing had been held up due to him recovering. If so I applaud our club by sticking by him and trusting he will come back and be an important player on and off the pitch for years to come.

Look at the way Newcastle treated Gutierrez after his testicular cancer. If we had behaved like that I'd have been sick to my stomach. We look after our own.

Who said it does. Noone. It does suggest however that they do get on.

Does it? You've never played with a lad in Saturday or Sunday league you didn't get on with and congratulated them after they've scored? Happens all the time. It's just what you do after somebody scores. Someone I know told me they don't get on. I have no reason to doubt the lad. He's a blue, he's not malicious. Of course he could have been fed a lie. But they do strike me as very different characters and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that 2 lads who happen to play for the same club just don't get on. It's not a big deal, it happens every day in places of work up and down the land. People just get on with it

Does it? You've never played with a lad in Saturday or Sunday league you didn't get on with and congratulated them after they've scored? Happens all the time. It's just what you do after somebody scores. Someone I know told me they don't get on. I have no reason to doubt the lad. He's a blue, he's not malicious. Of course he could have been fed a lie. But they do strike me as very different characters and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that 2 lads who happen to play for the same club just don't get on. It's not a big deal, it happens every day in places of work up and down the land. People just get on with it
We still doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.