Homepage Update: Coleman Signs New Five-Year Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
GrandOldTeam submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Coleman Signs New Five-Year Contract
seamuscoleman2-1024x461.jpg

Seamus Coleman has put pen to paper on a long-term deal, which ties him to the Blues until the summer of 2022.

The 28-year-old, who suffered a double fracture of his right leg during the Republic of Ireland’s World Cup qualifier with Wales in March, says he has been handed a ‘massive boost’ on his road to recovery.

Coleman told evertontv. "I’m delighted to get this signed. I’ve been here for a long time and it’s a special Club that means a lot to me.

"Everything had been agreed and I was due to sign it after the international break but unfortunately I got the injury. The Chairman messaged me the night of my injury and said, ‘Don’t worry about it because when you come back this contract is still waiting for you’. That sums up what the Chairman and this Club is all about.

"Farhad Moshiri also sent me cards and said the support was always going to be there. I’m delighted with how the Club has handled the situation. Knowing that I was going to come back and sign it has definitely helped things. It’s a massive boost and gives me something to fight for.

"I want to prove my worth when I come back and show the Club were right for rewarding me with this long-term contract."

GrandOldTeam submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Coleman Signs New Five-Year Contract
seamuscoleman2-1024x461.jpg

Seamus Coleman has put pen to paper on a long-term deal, which ties him to the Blues until the summer of 2022.

The 28-year-old, who suffered a double fracture of his right leg during the Republic of Ireland’s World Cup qualifier with Wales in March, says he has been handed a ‘massive boost’ on his road to recovery.

Coleman told evertontv. "I’m delighted to get this signed. I’ve been here for a long time and it’s a special Club that means a lot to me.

"Everything had been agreed and I was due to sign it after the international break but unfortunately I got the injury. The Chairman messaged me the night of my injury and said, ‘Don’t worry about it because when you come back this contract is still waiting for you’. That sums up what the Chairman and this Club is all about.

"Farhad Moshiri also sent me cards and said the support was always going to be there. I’m delighted with how the Club has handled the situation. Knowing that I was going to come back and sign it has definitely helped things. It’s a massive boost and gives me something to fight for.

"I want to prove my worth when I come back and show the Club were right for rewarding me with this long-term contract."
If there's one none scouse player who 'gets' the club its him!

Good stuff. Hopefully that puts to bed any Man Utd rumours that usually surface at this time of year. Hope he comes back as strong as before.

"60 grand, 60 grand, Seamus Coleman
60 grand, 60 grand, I say
60 grand, 60 grand, Seamus Coleman
Playing football the Everton way"

No issues whatsoever with this. Anyone who does is dead weird.
Even if he doesn't come back as the same player I don't care. He deserves it for what has gone before and as money seems not to be an issue now I don't care if he gets some more even if he is not the same player he was when he comes back. Hopefully he is going to return as good as before but we won't know till next year.

Delighted with this news, my favourite current Everton player. Should ensure he gets a testimonial to, I know these days they don't mean as much but I like to see players recognised by clubs when they deserve it and for me this lads attitude since he's been here has been an example to all youngsters in the game

Being an accountant, I am used to being prudent.

I think its madness personally considering the injury and recovery to come.

Obviously were now swimming with money though...

Really do hope he makes it back, every chance to wait the skippers arm band if he does. Is good to see that having financial backing hasn't turned us into a soulless club. Still think we will sign another rb over summer thou

am absolutely made up with this makes me proud to support everton! proper club. look after are players and if anyone deserves it. its coleman leaves absolutely everything on the pitch for everton every game!

Status
Not open for further replies.