Club Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspending is the correct course of action in my opinion.

It won't be a return to business as usual, but in the event of a credible ceasefire and settlement, however long off that is, the vast majority of sanctions will be stood down.

There is no other way if there is going to be a way out. The west will not humiliate Russia out of this war and have to hold out olive branches, particularly as the Russian political and business elites form the same circle and are intertwined at every level.

I still expect there to be wider implications but any chance of reinstating USM links are dependent on an end to hostilities. In the long run we have to look elsewhere.

Presume this means Moshiri will be stepping down as Chairman of USM, since the club he owns has suspended it's sponsorship with the company he's chairman of.

That's the part that gets dicey...if we're going down this road then Moshiri would also have to divest himself from the same companies/people/sources of money, which may not be possible. Or he'll need to sell the club.

While not a full measure, I'm relieved to see the decision has been made. Even if it means taking a big financial hit, I'd rather support a club with slightly fewer ties to dirty money, though it's really just the most obvious and explicit way that has been severed.

Screw these billionaires and their sportwashing and money laundering.

Bit stupid to announce it just before Lampards press conference. He will get so many questions about it now and will just have to say I don't know

Should have waited until after

Way I see the suspension is that there are contracts and how that gets fully decoupled will depend on what the next few weeks look like. Remember its not technically illegal yet, so we'd be in breach of contract as this is a moral decision, not something we've been compelled to do. It'll be a legal thing

USM's deal was not that good

It was £100m (including the £30m stadium option) over five years

But the naming rights for the BMD will be £20-30 million a year on top of that.

EFC are simply not able to attract sponsers as good as that or anywhere near.

Spurs cant find a naming rights partner for their new ground what chance have we got.

Its all well and good talking about new owners but owners wealth means nothing if they haven't the means to bend the FFP rules.

But the naming rights for the BMD will be £20-30 million a year on top of that.

EFC are simply not able to attract sponsers as good as that or anywhere near.

Spurs cant find a naming rights partner for their new ground what chance have we got.

Its all well and good talking about new owners but owners wealth means nothing if they haven't the means to bend the FFP rules.
No they aren't, they are included in that £100m (well, the first option was). USM may not have got the stadium naming rights

I'm absolutely not arsed that we are suspending ties. It's the right thing to do. Over 2,000 civilians reported to have been killed - the UN are currently trying to verify this. We shouldn't have anything to do with them for the time being. I honestly don't give a s*** about Everton's finances or stadium right now. We've got to stay up first.

Status
Not open for further replies.