Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not good that. I have been on a diet this last month. I haven’t been exercising an eating rubbish am normally around 12 stone but I was 15 stone. I couldn’t believe it. So started dieting an exercise only around the garden going on the punch bag an stuff keeps me busy during lockdown too. I hope I don’t catch it until am back down to a better weight now after seeing that. Well I hope I don’t catch it at all but just Incase. I weighed myself at the start of the week an I was 14 stone 1 so am slowly making progress.
I hope no one catches it. You are doing the right thing and have already lost a fair amount of weight. Being obese is definitely a factor and covid seems to affect a lot more men to women for some reason. There is also the ethnic issues which at the moment they are unsure about.Academics have said one of the reasons for the high death rate in uk and usa is the number of obese people in the uk. I was obese about 6 years ago BMI well over 30. Like you went on a diet and exercised more and got down to 12 and a half stone. Now at 13. So glad that I lost it before this coronavirus came around. Think we are all eating more and less exercise in this lockdown. Keep up the good work mate and stay safe.

He’s put it a bit crassly, but he’s not wrong.
You and the others are probably right that I put it crassly. I apologise to anyone that I offended. But I stand by my argument. People can criticise me and have different views but that's what this is. A forum. You might not like what you hear but it's up to you to argue yr point with facts. Not by giving middle fingers, calling someone an idiot or the like.

You and the others are probably right that I put it crassly. I apologise to anyone that I offended. But I stand by my argument. People can criticise me and have different views but that's what this is. A forum. You might not like what you hear but it's up to you to argue yr point with facts. Not by giving middle fingers, calling someone an idiot or the like.
I was agreeing with you mate. I don’t find it offensive, but I understand others will. Maybe just better phrasing will help make a more persuasive argument next time.

Edit- because phrasing can help to invalidate the point you’re making. I found it hard to comment in agreement there because of the phrasing.

Answer this please.
As your name suggests are you a serving firefighter ?
If so do you express these " views & facts" you keep peddling to your Station officers and colleagues ?

Answer this please.
As your name suggests are you a serving firefighter ?
If so do you express these " views & facts" you keep peddling to your Station officers and colleagues ?
Peddling? Do you Express yr views to other people. All the views and facts as you state are easily accessible via bbc sky newspapsrs etc. You might not like those views and facts. I may not like yours. But this country still believes in freedom of speech. If you dont like them you should express your view so that I can consider if you are right and I can change my mind. Yr answer is to give a middle finger. That's your prerogative to do that. It doesn't bother me.

Peddling? Do you Express yr views to other people. All the views and facts as you state are easily accessible via bbc sky newspapsrs etc. You might not like those views and facts. I may not like yours. But this country still believes in freedom of speech. If you dont like them you should express your view so that I can consider if you are right and I can change my mind.
Are you a serving firefighter ?
Very simple question.

I was agreeing with you mate. I don’t find it offensive, but I understand others will. Maybe just better phrasing will help make a more persuasive argument next time.

Edit- because phrasing can help to invalidate the point you’re making. I found it hard to comment in agreement there because of the phrasing.
Sorry in that message it was the collective you. I didn't mean you personally. As you said I need to phrase my messages better

I will keep that to myself. I'm not asking for info on you. Simple question to you why do you want to know?
Was on a station myself for 6 yrs ( different roll now)
Many many friends & family are firefighters plus ex NHS wife and many family in the services.
Your views suggest you dont represent the views and ethics they endorse and pride themselves with.
To even suggest the NHS workers are fair game to die by looking at their photo's as being overweight makes you a complete buffoon as another labelled you.

You are no firefighter as you wouldnt last very long in the services industry.

Its the ignore button for you idiot.

I'll TRY to spell it out for you (although plenty already have)
The restrictions are designed to slow the spread of the virus.
EVERYBODY who catches it can spread it. You do not have to be over 70 with underlying problems to catch and spread the virus.

There is also the fact that the more you allow the virus to spread, the more.opportu ity it has to mutate. We dont understand the core virus as of yet, never mind any of its mutations. It believed that there are approx 15 in UK alone currently, which maybe explains the variety of symptoms. If you let it just 'pass through society' that could be 30-40-50 or more, and make things much much harder.

Was on a station myself for 6 yrs ( different roll now)
Many many friends & family are firefighters plus ex NHS wife and many family in the services.
Your views suggest you dont represent the views and ethics they endorse and pride themselves with.
To even suggest the NHS workers are fair game to die by looking at their photo's as being overweight makes you a complete buffoon as another labelled you.

You are no firefighter as you wouldnt last very long in the services industry.

Its the ignore button for you idiot.
There are no station officers now. Or sub officers Hasn't been since 2006. Watch mangers and crew managers now. Some people in the job agree with me some done. That's free speech. I agreed that I was crass about the NHS. I never said at any time that fair game to die. I suggested that a lot probably had underlying conditions. NHS staff have done a fantastic job. And no.one deserves to die.

Seems to be @blulouie is a former firefighter who served for the people.

You pretend with the name.

Pretty low that.
6 years he said he did. He said station officers. They haven't had them since 2006 when rank to role came in Try 28 years. And 9 in the marines before that. Fair to say that I have served my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.