Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The league looks like it is extremely likely to resume with games being played at neutral venues.

I wonder what order the fixtures will resume?

Is there still a chance they will win the league against us, but it will be held at St James Park or wherever?

No thats not ok. All I'm saying is should fit and healthy people be stopped from doing their jobs etc when the vast majority of people who have died have been over 70 and lots of underlying conditions. We should shield those vulnerable groups while letting the group's who are hardly affected get on with the lives
I confess to be shocked at this entire conversation.
When you have an easily transmitted disease with no inherent immunity and no vaccine, mathematics say that the 'peak' of infections will be when 51% of the population has/had the disease. The only alternate strategy is to eradicate the disease or slow the infection rate until a vaccine is available.
As to the idea of sending young people out to work and keeping older people at home, presumably this will result in 2 things; the infection rate with young people, to date suppressed by quarantine, will now skyrocket, and the infected (but asymptomatic) young people will bring the infection home each day to the older people.
I'm not trying to offer an opinion here - just thinking through the problem logically.

The league looks like it is extremely likely to resume with games being played at neutral venues.

I wonder what order the fixtures will resume?

Is there still a chance they will win the league against us, but it will be held at St James Park or wherever?

Who gives one, what pleasure would they be able to gain from “winning the league against us” in a training session at St James’ Park with no one there?

Ok that sounds like a plan , let the vast majority carry on with their lives eh.

Lets have Racing back on ,yanno like Cheltenham or maybe even Footie back on , yanno like The Ath Madrid game or even lets have a marathon in this very city.
Lets not worry if the NHS gets totally overun.

Yeah as long as we keep the vulnerable indoors it'll be just fine....yanno the vast majority carrying on with their lives.
No we don't have sports events cinemas etc until precautions can be put in place. But we do let the majority to carry and work. We don't have a magic money tree. Taxes need to b paid otherwise no pensions NHS etc

I confess to be shocked at this entire conversation.
When you have an easily transmitted disease with no inherent immunity and no vaccine, mathematics say that the 'peak' of infections will be when 51% of the population has/had the disease. The only alternate strategy is to eradicate the disease or slow the infection rate until a vaccine is available.
As to the idea of sending young people out to work and keeping older people at home, presumably this will result in 2 things; the infection rate with young people, to date suppressed by quarantine, will now skyrocket, and the infected (but asymptomatic) young people will bring the infection home each day to the older people.
I'm not trying to offer an opinion here - just thinking through the problem logically.
Logically there has been little impact on people under 40. Precautions for older and vulnerable
people will need to be in place. It's not easy but it can be done. No work no taxes no NHS no pensions. We don't have a magic money tree. Think the debt is up to £250 billion already.
Have s look at Hong Kong flu in 68. Easily transmitteable. 4 million worldwide deaths 80000 deaths in the UK over 4 months. No lockdown. Most older people over 70 will not live with kids. Thosr with underlying problems are most at risk. They need the extra help. I and I repeat this is my personal view think we shouldn't have had lockdown. Yr entitled to yr view as much as I mine

2nd wave happened in Asia when they brought people back out and they had to reign things in. The UK still had 650 deaths yesterday. Shocking to think that people think everything will be straight forward in the next few weeks looking at Germany starting games back up.

No we don't have sports events cinemas etc until precautions can be put in place. But we do let the majority to carry and work. We don't have a magic money tree. Taxes need to b paid otherwise no pensions NHS etc

Well thats obviously not the majority carrying on their normal lives is it.

Very quick backtrack that.

2nd wave happened in Asia when they brought people back out and they had to reign things in. The UK still had 650 deaths yesterday. Shocking to think that people think everything will be straight forward in the next few weeks looking at Germany starting games back up.
Its crazy alright, we have the highest death rate in EU and we’re thinking of relaxing the lockdown and brining footie back. Pfft. Good luck to anyone who goes out there thinking its sound. 600+ deaths a day and 30k total means i’ll be taking my chances at home.

Well thats obviously not the majority carrying on their normal lives is it.

Very quick backtrack that.
No backtrack. I've said we shouldn't have gone into lockdown. The majority of people would have had no or little symptoms and they would have carried on with their normal lives. The vulnerable minority would have taken precautions. I have 2 in my immediate family who have had the vulnerable letters and i take precautions around them. You don't have to agree. Now we have had the lockdown it its obvious they will take things easy. It will be eased bit by bit. We as a country need the money to pay the huge social security Bill and for things like the nhs. I'm old our kids will be paying for years for the money used already. If a second waves comes the country could go bust.. So just to be clear to you my personal view is that we shouldn't have gone into lockdown. Now they gone down that route things needed to be lifted asap. Not back tracking
Just for info
Professor Ferguson predictions
SARS 250000 deaths in the uk think we had 10
Foot and mouth 250000 deaths lockdown 4 deaths.
Hong Kong flu 1968, 4 million deaths worldwide 80000 in the uk over 4 months no lockdown,
2014 40000 excess deaths blamed on the cold winter. No lockdown. No one even noticed

Yes covid is a terrible disease and can be easily caught. No vaccine.

No backtrack. I've said we shouldn't have gone into lockdown. The majority of people would have had no or little symptoms and they would have carried on with their normal lives. The vulnerable minority would have taken precautions. I have 2 in my immediate family who have had the vulnerable letters and i take precautions around them. You don't have to agree. Now we have had the lockdown it its obvious they will take things easy. It will be eased bit by bit. We as a country need the money to pay the huge social security Bill and for things like the nhs. I'm old our kids will be paying for years for the money used already. If a second waves comes the country could go bust.. So just to be clear to you my personal view is that we shouldn't have gone into lockdown. Now they gone down that route things needed to be lifted asap. Not back tracking
Just for info
Professor Ferguson predictions
SARS 250000 deaths in the uk think we had 10
Foot and mouth 250000 deaths lockdown 4 deaths.
Hong Kong flu 1968, 4 million deaths worldwide 80000 in the uk over 4 months no lockdown,
2014 40000 excess deaths blamed on the cold winter. No lockdown. No one even noticed

Yes covid is a terrible disease and can be easily caught. No vaccine.

We dont even know if people fully recover or can catch it more than once. Its biology we’re playing with not economics. The lockdown happened thankfully and should continue until end of june minimum.

There’s been multiple players testing positive in Germany and they’re miles ahead of us. That feels like a PR stunt from them to be honest ‘look we were the only nation to get football back’. If it’s based on safety of players and fans then no football happens. If it’s based on financial self interest then it will start back up under any circumstance. 100s will be dying, players won’t want to play, yet we’ll see football matches happen supported by front line medical staff with hundreds of people crowded outside the stadium whilst a pandemic rages on. That is what the government and football authorities are condoning though. Money before health when it comes to football.

When Covid 20 arrives which may attack those under 70 in particular it will be interesting to see the arguments from some on here.
If that arrives and the entire population was at serious risk think everyone would support lockdown. At the moment with this one 95% of the people who have died had underlying problems with a majority being over 70. Most people under 49, of whom a tiny minority even with underlying problems have died could have carried on with their normal lives

We dont even know if people fully recover or can catch it more than once. Its biology we’re playing with not economics. The lockdown happened thankfully and should continue until end of june minimum.
We do know most people who test positive have a mild illness most reports say you will not catch it again once you have had it but there not sure how long that immunity last for. Not seen much on people who have fully recovered cos the media seemed to be obsessed with the daily death figure.
The lockdown definately happened. Saw that the Tory chancellor is going to end the furloughed scheme in June. What happens then when those 5.2 million dont get paid after. Should they continue in lockdown with no money. If the money ran out to pay pensions universal credit the nhs etc shoutsthe lockdown continue. If a 2nd wave came which was worse what happens then.

Status
Not open for further replies.