Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was calculating the minimum time taken to complete the season based on the most wildly optimistic view. Personally, I don't think the season will be completed at all as your estimates may be nearer the mark.

Also a number of players have asthma etc, surley they cant be expected to play. The more you look into it the more stupid it seems.

They have to self isolate for two weeks and hotel rooms are being used. They're not letting them go home. It works OK for the hotels because nobody's going anywhere anyway and I assume the government's paying for it. Some people are actually getting 5 star rooms for free and some are still whinging about it.
I need to get on a flight to Aus soon. Will I get a room overlooking the beach or Sydney harbour bridge? I'll be away from the wife and I promise I won't whinge about it

There was uproar here in Dublin last week when Keelings flew in 300 Bulgarians to work picking fruit for one of the major fruit suppliers here. Classed the as skilled workers . Couldn't write it!!
In fairness be no need for seasonal labour here if the lazy sods would actually take these jobs rather than sit on their backside taking money off the tax payers!!

Or maybe the wage for people to do, (which is quite a back breaking job,) should be higher and If that means the cost of each apple goes up 5p then so be it.
[/QUOTE]
Should see the people over here mate ( probably the same as UK) . Not worked a day in their life and still gets the kids to Euro Disney every year and money to drink 7 days a week.

Or maybe the wage for people to do, (which is quite a back breaking job,) should be higher and If that means the cost of each apple goes up 5p then so be it.
Should see the people over here mate ( probably the same as UK) . Not worked a day in their life and still gets the kids to Euro Disney every year and money to drink 7 days a week.
[/QUOTE]

I believe some have flat screen tv's & smart phones as well, outrageous really when they should be staring at a blank crt that can no longer receive a signal & using the phone box that still takes 5p's the same as it did in 1982... which means they've effectively had a pay rise.

Density of population?

Apart from major cities (which are not particularly massive) it's empty!

Edit..... Yeah. As already mentioned above.
Here in Finland they are saying that air quality is a factor ,with asthma that is sure to be right .we have had just under 200 up to now but it has shot up in the last few days and still people going around without masks .

That doesn't equate to 18,000 deaths in the UK and 75 in Australia. Others who responded to my post talked about the difference in timing of implementing
lockdown, but it was minimal - I don't have the exact statistics. The whole process only started about 5 weeks ago. Again, 18,000 deaths against 75 doesn't
equate with the minor difference in measures taken to battle the virus. And it doesn't matter whether you live in a house or an apartment if you're 'staying
home'.

You need to take into account population age and underlying health problems plus have you been to Oz? In terms of housing they have much more space between than we have.

Like they did for The Common Cold, SARS, MERS etc...yep, can't move for them vaccines.
Bit of a rum cove this virus chappie - not easily solved.

Thing is if Big Pharma throw enough money at the problem and solve it, they'll want big money back.
Is 'the world' grown up enough to open source and share info for the common good.
Or will it just be a race for big returns and a Nobel Prize
Common cold does not cause enough deaths to make a vaccine worthwhile
SARS tyhere was a vaccine developed but the virus died of its own accord before the vaccine was launched
HopefullY if Oxford or a Bill Gates funded vaccine works it will be open sourced

Of course i could be wrong but if a drug company get the vaccine and milk the population it will cause customers to avoid their medicines in future ,this is not a normal case .
I think people will pay - which is what they will bank on.
Depending which country develops it, I hope that Govt. has the balls to go in...at the point of a bayonet if required and make them give it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.