Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of us saying just void this season (hopefully) and start afresh the next one, and I have said that myself. But now I am really not sure everything will be back to normal even for next season.

I think its why they should just cancel everything now - get everything sorted and proper contingency plans in place for next season ie. if still outbreak come August delay start of season to september etc. Without any disruptions to planning.

It's worth saying, the governments projections (positive projections) are 1/2 a million deaths. Events will very quickly move on from football and why it's a little harsh to not award the title to Liverpool. There will be far more pressing issues.

My RS mate hates the thought of being awarded the title without winning it mathematically because even though the are pissing it he reckons it will always be looked at as hollow.

9 league rounds. 3 cup rounds. 3 European rounds. Most clubs only involved in league fixtures.

7 or 8 weeks could be enough to finish the season if they play Saturday - Wednesday- Saturday.

They will start next season very late, rather than not finishing this season.

Thus starting a domino effect that will impact every other season – including next year if they move the Euros

Lets be honest - the FA will do absolutely everything to give LFC the title before next season.

Dont get your hopes up.

Laughing at that Maddocks tweets though he's convinced the FA Cup and CL will be scrapped to allow the league to be played for the tricky reds to win the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.