Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 league rounds. 3 cup rounds. 3 European rounds. Most clubs only involved in league fixtures.

7 or 8 weeks could be enough to finish the season if they play Saturday - Wednesday- Saturday.

They will start next season very late, rather than not finishing this season. But that's just my opinion and not based on anything other than my gut instinct.
what about players out of contract at the end of June? We were spanked by Willian playing really well for Chelsea, if a side pipped us to a place and the associated prize money because they played Chelsea when Willian had left and they were shizzle it opens a whole world of legal pain. The league organisers would have great sympathy in any court if hey cancelled this year to start next year afresh, fudging rules to sort this season to favour some but not others in a multi billion pound game will end in tears

Makes little sense to me to just postpone the games. Could understand if the country was on complete lock down for a month but it isn’t, the virus is still going to be around in 4 weeks time, it’s still going to be spreading rapidly. In that time ours, Arsenal’s, Chelsea’s, Leicester’s players and staff members may or may not have got over most the symptoms but then what happens when other players and staff from other teams then test positive for it after that 4 week period? Do they postpone again? Do we keep doing this until everyone is cured for weeks/months?. There’s no other way of finding a solution to this than to just void the whole season.

It’s a bigger litigation nightmare if you relegate teams / don’t promote teams / don’t award European places without playing the full set of games.

It's not at all. Its much easier to just declare seasons that cant be completed void. Fairly standard procedure and in line with WW2 and what happened. To start allowing teams to change their squads, explicitly against the rules will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.