Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The season needs to be completed to comply with the tv deals.

Awarding them the title will complete the season and the teams will sanction it.

Expect a bigger league next season with the likes of Leeds and West Brom added to the premier league.
Not if the Euros are played in 2021, fitting in the extra games would surely impact on that? Who’s to say next season will start on time anyway?

That's what i mean.

I have a relatively well paid job in an area i really enjoy living in but I'm only going in on Monday to keep my job because im on an absence plan.

If i wasn't invested as you say, no way i would go in.

And I'm looking down Tooting high street now, once all those little shops shut or run out it could get nasty quickly.

Barricade the flat and take shifts guarding the flat at night. Going out hunting for food by day, breaking into warehouses and empty houses. Bringing the girls from the flat downstairs into our group, they are doctors which will be useful and they have extra provisions.
There will be attempted break ins but there are few entry points, we'll leave the body of the first guy outside where it fell to warn off others.
Mobile phone networks will be broken down so we'll have to get radio comms working.

It's going to be a rough old time.
I like the sound of the doctors. Can I join your group mate. I’ve got the wife and kids in tow but they can’t run very fast so they won’t last long.

I like the sound of the doctors. Can I join your group mate. I’ve got the wife and kids in tow but they can’t run very fast so they won’t last long.

If you can take a watch, handle a pointy stick and eat your children then your in.

Everyone is welcome in the Tooting sensual survival squad.

The only way is to reset the season and everyone starts again , presumably in August, however, that month will be more than debatable, dependent on the virus.

Even if they award it, it doesn't matter it will never be seen as a proper title, won't be celebrated properly and they will know it too

This. It’s a token gesture, it’s absolutely embarrassing for them. They’re toddlers being given an ice cream just to stop them kicking and screaming in the middle of Asda. Won’t be able to lift the trophy or have a parade either.

This. It’s a token gesture, it’s absolutely embarrassing for them. They’re toddlers being given an ice cream just to stop them kicking and screaming in the middle of Asda. Won’t be able to lift the trophy or have a parade either.
This thing about them been awarded it is not right as supposedly ALL teams have to have played 29 games not just them,plus its silly if that happens while relegation and co does not,papers thinking of anything to make them champs

Well Aston Villa and Norwich are currently the bottom two why not just relegate them.
At least for Aston Villa you can't because literally a 2-3 match win streak gets them out of relegation for good. Germany floated the idea, it's sound in practice. 22 team league, relegate the bottom 5 and start again.

This thing about them been awarded it is not right as supposedly ALL teams have to have played 29 games not just them,plus its silly if that happens while relegation and co does not,papers thinking of anything to make them champs
That;s the mad thing, Sheffield have a game in hand on Man U. If they win that they go ahead in to..5th? 4th? If they do Champions league based on league position that would be MASSIVE for them and lol @ Man U.

You can’t honour one league placing but not the others. Leicester will demand they are in the CL, but United will claim they could still have qualified. Half the table including us would say they could have made europa league. Why is it fair that we’re lower down having faced most of the top 6 twice whilst others around us haven’t.

It’s not. You either have to void or cancel. The PL and it’s media acolytes will try for a stitch up to allow Liverpool the trophy because that’s what the betting powers behind the league and the referees have ploughed their money into. There’d be law suits all over the show though .

You can’t honour one league placing but not the others. Leicester will demand they are in the CL, but United will claim they could still have qualified. Half the table including us would say they could have made europa league. Why is it fair that we’re lower down having faced most of the top 6 twice whilst others around us haven’t.

It’s not. You either have to void or cancel. The PL and it’s media acolytes will try for a stitch up to allow Liverpool the trophy because that’s what the betting powers behind the league and the referees have ploughed their money into. There’d be law suits all over the show though .

Correct mate. Ye I despise them and it would be funny as it was basically won, but that aside you need to just scrap the season. And if Liverpool are that good they can do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.