Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worth saying, the governments projections (positive projections) are 1/2 a million deaths. Events will very quickly move on from football and why it's a little harsh to not award the title to Liverpool. There will be far more pressing issues.
How are we going to cope with al those corpses?
A friend of mine died nearly 4 weeks ago and the funeral is not until next Friday?

It’s still amazing to believe that just a few days ago Anfield was full and thousands of Spanish fans came from Madrid which is currently fighting against the infection and mingled freely in the city, on public transport, in the bars, and in the stadium, before going back to hotels and airports for flights home. At the same time the premier league was still planning on hosting this weeks fixtures as the Arsenal squad had knowingly been in contact with a confirmed positive case. WTF where they all thinking? That they could just carry all this on and see if they could finish it before too many people died? The more this goes on the more absolutely abhorrent the decision making is. We’ve been given future projections from China and Italy showing exactly how this will manifest itself and the PL and UEFA still decided to carry on. Until Arteta tested positive and then all of a sudden it was ‘we’ll suspend the games’, like did they not think that anyone in football would get it? It’s just completely knee jerk reactionary nonsense and shows either (hopefully) a completely incompetent executive body that froze under pressure, or (more sinister) a greedy exec body who prioritised money and their favoured vested interests over the health of fans. Heads should roll at the PL for this because this is beyond the pale even for them. A simple question should have been asked as soon as this started in China and was identified as a threat to most nations - ‘if this impacts the UK, can football continue or not?’ If the answer is yes then we should be playing now, if the answer was no, then we should have cancelled the moment the first case occurred in the UK. The horrible truth is though that they thought they would just carry on, bank the money, and try and ‘get away with it’. Shameful.
So true... and Spain has now declared the country is in an emergency.

Will GOT be suspended then? Nothing to talk about except maybe contracts and players we want shut of. If there is no football at all for perhaps for months there will be no transfers either. Bizarre. MOTD on the BBC and Sky will be fine cos they can show endless replays of the RS greatest European triumphs. They might bring Alan Hansen back for it.

Legally if games were to be played with different players it's a litigation nightmare

It’s a bigger litigation nightmare if you relegate teams / don’t promote teams / don’t award European places without playing the full set of games.

They will have a set of gates commissioned to commemorate the “Lost title” which will draw thousands of candle-lighting, vigil-holding mutants from across the Scandinavian world And the Asian sub-continent.

But just remember they'll never walk alone. Except they need to have a 6 foot clear radius of space around everyone, so scrap that they will be walking alone. :D

Will GOT be suspended then? Nothing to talk about except maybe contracts and players we want shut of. If there is no football at all for perhaps for months there will be no transfers either. Bizarre. MOTD on the BBC and Sky will be fine cos they can show endless replays of the RS greatest European triumphs. They might bring Alan Hansen back for it.

This place is mental during international breaks with fightings and bans imagine if footie is off until August/ September

Just spoken to my parents and the island of zakynthos is in lockdown, 4 people with it 1 has died, my parents are in their 70s but say they are ok. Greece is next to Italy so I'd say only 4 is a result thus far.

I can’t see where they can go. Their hands are tied. It would be ludicrous to start it back up and with the new season around the corner.
when many clubs have nothing to play for in this season but will be hampering their preps for next season. I can see no option but to abandon the season and effectively start this season again in august.

Status
Not open for further replies.