Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whole country is very close to a surreal situation in general- its going to be crazy quickly.

Wonder what Trump will say? Will we be on our own in the "herd immunity" "keep calm and wash your hands" experiment?
And an experiment is exactly what this Govenment is doing.

It's a gamble with people's lives.

It will be survival of the fittest / wealthiest.

What some Liverpool fans or Celtic supporters want at this stage is irrelevant. It's trite, childish and insular. There is a pandemic. No-one will care about titles, cups or Coronation street when body bags start piling up. Even if this is an exaggerated flu, the repercussions and the sheer logistics will render hospitals, already at their breaking point, domino'd, like watching a train crash.

What an empty chalice to hold. Stupid pride. There is no respect or honour in that. Capitalizing amongst misery. I don't think our neighbors would stoop to that.
Airbrushing the body bags from their history isn't a new road for them to take.

I read today that it takes 60% of the clubs in the Premier to declare it null and void ! that is all those that could be relegated and the ones who might miss out on Europe ! Jobs a goodun ;-)

There will need to be 60% for any particular course of action. To give Liverpool the title will mean relegating clubs. Bournemouth would challenge it (as will the other 2) and in all likelihood win in court, which by proxy would rule all of the decisions unlawful. It will also open up a huge can of worms from a litigation standpoint.

Thats the issue with this. While Liverpool is relatively straightforward, the consequences of such a decision would prove very problematic.

I don't think they get a majority to agree to this. I think a majority will be found in repeating the season. It stops any threat of relegation. It ensures 6 of the 7 teams in Europe will be happy. You are at 12 teams already. If you then throw in one or two others (like ourselves) you are at the threshold.

You have to factor in, the decision to terminate will become stronger if/when Germany and other leagues do the same and the illness gets worse. The mood will move to the real victims, which will be those who have died.

The only hope LFC have of winning the league will be if it restarts, or as I said earlier, if they potentially agree to a mini championship of say the top 8 to decide who wins via a knockout competition.

I notice that rs carragher is on his soapbox only concerned bout Liverpool

This is a guy who spat in a child's face. I'm not cheer leading for Andy Gray but he made offensive remarks. Absolutely wrong to do that and he subsequently lost his job.

However I'd prefer to be offended any day over being spat in the face. Which is assault. Considering the ramifications. I chased someone across two pitches for doing that to me. And I'd still chase him over another now

Carragher is still on TV. Tells you everything you need to know. About bias and double standards.

There will need to be 60% for any particular course of action. To give Liverpool the title will mean relegating clubs. Bournemouth would challenge it (as will the other 2) and in all likelihood win in court, which by proxy would rule all of the decisions unlawful. It will also open up a huge can of worms from a litigation standpoint.

Thats the issue with this. While Liverpool is relatively straightforward, the consequences of such a decision would prove very problematic.

I don't think they get a majority to agree to this. I think a majority will be found in repeating the season. It stops any threat of relegation. It ensures 6 of the 7 teams in Europe will be happy. You are at 12 teams already. If you then throw in one or two others (like ourselves) you are at the threshold.

You have to factor in, the decision to terminate will become stronger if/when Germany and other leagues do the same and the illness gets worse. The mood will move to the real victims, which will be those who have died.

The only hope LFC have of winning the league will be if it restarts, or as I said earlier, if they potentially agree to a mini championship of say the top 8 to decide who wins via a knockout competition.

I reckon we do winner stays on.

Norwich plays Villa first game, then go up the league, the champion is the 1 who wins the last game v Liverpool.

If it gets cancelled completely. It’s going to be entertainment for years. You just know they’ll be making T-shirt’s saying they are champions anyway and just taking it terribly. They will give us gold for a long long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.