Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
players just won’t want to

Players just wont want to what???

Players will want to play as soon as it is safe to do so, it's their livelyhood. Sure you'll get instastories from some of them saying it is not the same without fans, but all footballers care about is...

- Getting paid
- their contracts
- winning trophies
- Protecting their value & optimising contracts

If it is safe to do so, Footballers will be willing to play as soon as possible.

I completely agree. What I am saying is if legally, insurance and everything stacks up but stadiums full not permitted, (ie a situation where gatherings of up to 1000 approved) the behind closed doors might happen. I think it very very unlikely though

PL :eh lads we need 15 ambulances ,20 doctors and 20 stretcher bearers, we need to play a few games of footy

NHS: No sweat lads ,we will close down 2 wards and an ICU unit in a covid 19 hospital for a couple of months

PL :eh lads we need 15 ambulances ,20 doctors and 20 stretcher bearers, we need to play a few games of footy

NHS: No sweat lads ,we will close down 2 wards and an ICU unit in a covid 19 hospital for a couple of months

But Brisan, can you not see that there could be a time period going forward where ICU's and strain on the NHS are back to normal levels, the threat of coronavirus is relatively low, but the gov have not yet given permission for Large Gatherings (say over 10,000 people)

This is the scenario I'm talking about and might be a way forward for next season, or even a couple of years? This is nothing to do with whether this year is voided or not, it's about how football might look in the aftermath of all of this.

Again, your jumping to the assumption that Football is to be played when the crisis is in full swing, I’d hope nobody is saying or suggesting that here, I’m certainly not.

The Football season, whether voided or resumed, has nothing to do with peoples safety as in either case, it will only be played if the government deem it safe enough to do so.

Players just wont want to what???

Players will want to play as soon as it is safe to do so, it's their livelyhood. Sure you'll get instastories from some of them saying it is not the same without fans, but all footballers care about is...

- Getting paid
- their contracts
- winning trophies
- Protecting their value & optimising contracts

If it is safe to do so, Footballers will be willing to play as soon as possible.

That’s not the issue though is it? If it becomes safe to do so in October, then we will start the 2020/21 season.

That’s not the issue though is it? If it becomes safe to do so in October, then we will start the 2020/21 season.

And if that means some clubs down the ladder fold because of it, then so be it?

Just collateral to a higher purpose eh, Mike.

And if that means some clubs down the ladder fold because of it, then so be it?

Just collateral to a higher purpose eh, Mike.

Why would they fold because of it Cookachoo? Are clubs not just as likely to fold if we resume the 2019/20 season in October 2019?

What about the relegated teams? They will have had any home advantage stripped away by having to play behind closed doors and could be financially crippled by relegation? Will your upcoming 8 paragraphs address this Cooko?

But Brisan, can you not see that there could be a time period going forward where ICU's and strain on the NHS are back to normal levels, the threat of coronavirus is relatively low, but the gov have not yet given permission for Large Gatherings (say over 10,000 people)

This is the scenario I'm talking about and might be a way forward for next season, or even a couple of years? This is nothing to do with whether this year is voided or not, it's about how football might look in the aftermath of all of this.

I think the middle point in this though, is that the NHS will not be at this point until next season. Yes the curve will flatten, yes we will see a slight recovery, but certainly this summer it would be very dangerous to take risks with that.

By the autumn it's a different situation.

The people who are wrong in this are the ones trying to finish this season, not the ones trying to start next season.

A has been stated by the Irish and the British Governments ,the lid on these restrictions will be lifted and put back on as necessary
It could be years before we get back to what we now consider normal
Question:
When the pubs re open would you be happy to bring your 80 yr old gran out for Sunday lunch in a packed pub ??
Only if she promises to stop fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.