Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lost earnings. Please, please tell me who I should sue.

I've no idea how you have lost your earning's and that sucks - but there are going to be hundreds of court cases on the back of this. Insurer's Vs Restaurants & Bars; multiple contracts from construction to concerts, to TV rights to football.

It's not a case of whether TV or Football would win the law suit over who owes who; just the inevitability of there being law suits, suing and counter-suing left right and center

I've no idea how you have lost your earning's and that sucks - but there are going to be hundreds of court cases on the back of this. Insurer's Vs Restaurants & Bars; multiple contracts from construction to concerts, to TV rights to football.

It's not a case of whether TV or Football would win the law suit over who owes who; just the inevitability of there being law suits, suing and counter-suing left right and center
You dont have to self isolate on the internet,head back to rawk and chat your nonsense with like minded people

You’re chatting bubbles. Virtually all businesses aren’t insured for losses due to this pandemic. As business disruption insurance policies don’t cover COVID 19 as it’s a new virus and classed as force majeure. Every contract worth a toss contains a force majeure clause.

The idea that football and it’s sponsors will all end up suing each other in the wake of this. as opposed to agreeing compromise settlements and maintaining their ongoing relationships, is just yet more nonsense.

You’re chatting bubbles. Virtually all businesses aren’t insured for losses due to this pandemic. As business disruption insurance policies don’t cover COVID 19 as it’s a new virus and classed as force majeure. Every contract worth a toss contains a force majeure clause.

The idea that football and it’s sponsors will all end up suing each other in the wake of this. as opposed to agreeing compromise settlements and maintaining their ongoing relationships, is just yet more nonsense.

of course it does, but in simple terms if TV companies withhold payment for example, do you think the PL will just say fair enough? Force Majuere will always have to fall on one side of a contract or the other

PL will argue force majuere, they should still get paid for the season; TV companies will argue Force Majeure we shouldn't have to pay. My point is not that one or the other is correct, merely the inevitability of legal proceedings on the back of this disaster.

At no point have I said football and it's sponsors will all end up suing each other, I have said that there will be some legal disputes on the back of it.... In an industry crawling with Lawyers and bottomfeeders, assuming anything else would be just wrong.

of course it does, but in simple terms if TV companies withhold payment for example, do you think the PL will just say fair enough? Force Majuere will always have to fall on one side of a contract or the other

PL will argue force majuere, they should still get paid for the season; TV companies will argue Force Majeure we shouldn't have to pay. My point is not that one or the other is correct, merely the inevitability of legal proceedings on the back of this disaster.

At no point have I said football and it's sponsors will all end up suing each other, I have said that there will be some legal disputes on the back of it.... In an industry crawling with Lawyers and bottomfeeders, assuming anything else would be just wrong.
Force majeure is by definition a situation being beyond either parties control and therefore what’s almost certainly going to be the outcome, is that if the season doesn’t complete as a result, the TV companies will not be expected to pay for the last 9 games and the PL will have assist the 20 clubs with the loss of the circa £35m per club. Which given their £1.5BN cash reserves they’ll get over it......

Force majeure is by definition a situation being beyond either parties control and therefore what’s almost certainly going to be the outcome, is that if the season doesn’t complete as a result, the TV companies will not be expected to pay for the last 9 games and the PL will have assist the 20 clubs with the loss of the circa £35m per club. Which given their £1.5BN cash reserves they’ll get over it......

you could very very well be right - but yet again, my sole point there is no way a £700m dispute will not end up being challanged legally by the party out of pocket

It doesn't seem to get a mention on here but the truth is until there is a remedy for this self-isolation ,locking down counties/countries or whatever is just temporary .A virus rated 2/3 that is not iradicated can rear its ugly head whenever .The moment things go back "to normal " is when it could and possibly will return .This is not a simple problem and the sooner we realise the better .If we get an antidote/serum whatever then we can consider the future ,for now no one knows and we have to hope the losses are as small as possible .I too suffer with asthma so I am taking every precaution I can ,I have to see that new stadium !
Stay safe one and all.

you could very very well be right - but yet again, my sole point there is no way a £700m dispute will not end up being challanged legally by the party out of pocket
Have you read the actual contract? No?

Then you have no idea whether a legal challenge is even vaguely likely.

Here in Finland they have locked down the "county " where we live ,which has the densest population (Roughly a third of the whole population lives here) ,apparently they have closed all the roads and only those with a special permit can pass .We now have 5 fatalities ,only 5 and they are all in this place so I fully back the government on this decision .
Stay healthy! Hope you all come out the other side of this thing intact. :)

Non league's declared null and void. Next step expected to be northern leagues like Southport. Precedent set so all should be the same same. Poor liverpool

Could very well be; I suspect that there will be a pan European decision though - no way La liga will go one way, the PL the other etc etc.

and you have?

I’d happily wager that I’ve read more legal contracts than you’ve watched dem red men on a grainy stream mate.
So I know they’re usually extremely watertight and so lawsuits are often speculative and poorly advised.

However, if you want to maintain an ongoing business relationship then negotiated agreement is always the prudent outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.