Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
when you are making claims that you have clarity on how the coronavirus will unfold globally because your Mum is a nurse of 40 years it was probablt called for but if you are going to try to shame have the courtesy to post the full post.......

Maybe we should just put your Mum in charge so???

We all have a lot at stake here, personally, I'm also an asthmatic and have had to get tested due to illness. If 20000 plus die, the grim reality is we will all be impacted between loved ones, colleagues and no doubt some members on here. The notion that staying indoors for two weeks & it will be grand is massively optimistic & from a football sense doesnt take into account the possibilty that it could take months (even years) before there is enough data to establish lashing 40000 people into a stadium is safe.

The truth is nobody knows, if it was clear, Football would have a plan laid out and this thread would be locked. We have no idea when football will return, it might be June, August or 12 months from now and to say void league, Kick off in August and lock thread is as much guess work as anything else.

Wishing you and your family the very best - especially your Mum on the front line ;)

And on ignore you go, obviously you are even capable of knowing when peoples Mums are still around wow, that’s some talent you’ve got! Sooner the schools go back the better!

And on ignore you go, obviously you are even capable of knowing when peoples Mums are still around wow, that’s some talent you’ve got! Sooner the schools go back the better!

You're ridiculous & pathetically immature - grow up and get back to the points being discussed

Megatron - "It’s not an argument, she’s having to retrain on some matters as she hasn’t done frontlining for 15-20 years due to switching to dermatology, even though she’s in semi retirement "

when you are making claims that you have clarity on how the coronavirus will unfold globally because your Mum is a nurse of 40 years it was probablt called for but if you are going to try to shame have the courtesy to post the full post.......

Maybe we should just put your Mum in charge so???

We all have a lot at stake here, personally, I'm also an asthmatic and have had to get tested due to illness. If 20000 plus die, the grim reality is we will all be impacted between loved ones, colleagues and no doubt some members on here. The notion that staying indoors for two weeks & it will be grand is massively optimistic & from a football sense doesnt take into account the possibilty that it could take months (even years) before there is enough data to establish lashing 40000 people into a stadium is safe.

The truth is nobody knows, if it was clear, Football would have a plan laid out and this thread would be locked. We have no idea when football will return, it might be June, August or 12 months from now and to say void league, Kick off in August and lock thread is as much guess work as anything else.

Wishing you and your family the very best - especially your Mum on the front line ;)

His mum who is a Nurse for more than 40 years, would probably have more idea than you or I, correct. So shut up and show some respect you pompous git. Always offended never ashamed.

His mum who is a Nurse for more than 40 years, would probably have more idea than you or I, correct. So shut up and show some respect you pompous git. Always offended never ashamed.

I'm sorry - to suggest that anyone has a clear handle on Football definitely being back in August if we stay in for a couple of week is simply ridiculous. Megaton's suggestion that he had fact based clarity on when football will return because his Mum was a nurse is utter nonsense.

Multiple people replied with far more cutting comments than mine, but hey-ho the pile in is easier I suppose.

i think it is all about when it's agreed. You can negotiate a one off 19 game season in advance, but I dont think you can tell your paymasters after the horse has bolted.
Agreed. You can make/change rules before the new season starts BUT you can't change midstream.

At the start of the current season the rule was that the season has to end by June 30.

I'm sorry - to suggest that anyone has a clear handle on Football definitely being back in August if we stay in for a couple of week is simply ridiculous. Megaton's suggestion that he had fact based clarity on when football will return because his Mum was a nurse is utter nonsense.

Multiple people replied with far more cutting comments than mine, but hey-ho the pile in is easier I suppose.

To be honest pal, for me anyway, football just ain't that important anymore, at least until it's safe to return to it, who knows when, don't know. But for me and I don't care whose top of the league, even if it was us, but it's going to be quite a while in my uninformed view. I took offence to the way you derided his mother, who is a Nurse, who has the courage to go back to work, on the front line, if others done it they are wrong to. Finishing the season to me doesn't matter that much, people's life does.

I never said I had clarity on when football would return you numbskull, I said I have a better indication of the virus and how best to because of my mum’s medical experience and by following government issued advice

Don’t ever disrespect her again, understand?

Why though....
1) that is what the PL and EFL have agreed as current "holding Pattern"
2) it removes the risk of law suits and appeals over promotion, European football and relegation
3) it honors the TV rights deal, which as reported is approx $4 billion for PL alone avoiding legal ramifications for not completing

How do you just start again, please explain this part????
They'll find a way. In the same way that all other industries will start again.

What makes you think that Togger is so important?

Who knows - that is the entire point i'm trying to make.

The argument of "just void" and start a fresh is as flawed as "we will continue whenever" but at the moment, all indications (PL, FA, UEFA, Journos RS-infested media) are the plan is to finish out whenever it is safe to do so
Fixed that for you.

I never said I had clarity on when football would return you numbskull, I said I have a better indication of the virus and how best to because of my mum’s medical experience and by following government issued advice

Don’t ever disrespect her again, understand?

Firstly; you're right I shouldnt have called it out, apologies for that.... but you do not have a better indication than anyone else because your Mum as a nurse. Reality is no one has has a clue when this will get to normal, if ever; which has been the premise of my core point from the very very start.

secondly; I really question the pile-on; multiple people responded with far more sarcastic & Cutting comments than I did, yet I have born the brunt of the abuse because I have argued Void and start in August is not the only answer for both legal & we have no idea when football will actually return.

I hope this draws a line through the "Mum's a nurse" point - as I said earlier; I wish her all the very best, especially if she is on the front line of this poxy virus

Good one & as I said from the very start of this before you decided to patronise; Liverpool the least of the football related worries here, the legal challenges will come from those who have a case for lost revenue & those cases will undoubtedly rise as soon as this is over & frankly "this means more" doesnt apply to football at all, in the current climate it is an utter irrelevance, but the thread acted as a nice distraction today.

I see both sides & it could well be voided - but for now I think they will do everything possible to conclude whenever it is safe to do so
I've lost earnings. Please, please tell me who I should sue.

There’s absolutely no assumptions or indications that the virus will continue past summer much less Christmas

If all 19/20 leagues are voided then they start again as scheduled in August, hell because the public have listened in Italy, Spain, France and Germany they might even be able to finish their seasons before the end of June
Not everyone has listened in Spain and we've had the benefit of clear instructions. Not the mixed messages being sent out by the authorities in Britain.

Seems if you have money you can get tested for this virus. Govt advice is if you feel unwell self isolate even though it may not be the virus. Meanwhile if you have money e.g prince Charles, footballers and celebrities if you feel unwell get tested if you have the virus self isolate. Meanwhile you mings just self isolate and only bother us if you get worse after 5 days and are on deaths door.
Boris likes this.

Status
Not open for further replies.