Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
im going to work off the optimistic assumption that there is a clearance to play around September time, which appears to be the hopeful timescale for life getting back to whatever "new normal" is

I think this will lead to the following......

1) 3 week mini preseason & CL, UEFA cup and all major leagues finishing up by mid / late November
2) Euros moved again to November 2021
3) 2021 European wide new season from Jan - Oct, with a mid season break in August for high temperatures. Euros now November December
4) Same for 2022 with World cup as scheduled in Qatar
5) Try to recalibrate 2023 with a Jan - July season
6) 2024 - Sept - June

I am not Nostradamus, but I think there is certainly a realisation that more than likely they will finish out this season as irrelevant as it might be - from there it's an absolute guessing game, but that is mine

im going to work off the optimistic assumption that there is a clearance to play around September time, which appears to be the hopeful timescale for life getting back to whatever "new normal" is

1) 3 week mini preseason & CL, UEFA cup and all major leagues finishing up by mid / late November
3) 2021 European wide new season from Jan - Oct, with a mid season break in August for high temperatures. Euros now November December
6) 2024 - Sept - June

I am not Nostradamus, but I think there is certainly a realisation that more than likely they will finish out this season as irrelevant as it might be - from there it's an absolute guessing game, but that is mine

sorry mate there’s no way football will be back this year no way.

The curve is flattening in several countries
Flattening the curve means that the NHS (HSE in Ireland) will not be totally swamped at any one time as positive cases do not totally outstrip hospital capacity but the down side is that the crisis is stretched over a longer period.

Listening to the experts it would appear that the next two weeks are crucial for how this will evolve.

Flattening the curve means that the NHS (HSE in Ireland) will not be totally swamped at any one time as positive cases do not totally outstrip hospital capacity but the down side is that the crisis is stretched over a longer period.

Listening to the experts it would appear that the next two weeks are crucial for how this will evolve.

I'm feeling upbeat about it. Delighted that there was such a strong condemnation of the morons over the weekend who ignored social distancing. We will get there.

6) 2024 - Sept - June

Yes they will screw up the next 3 or 4 years football to finish one. Wont happen. Is u a red

I think people have to understand as well that because of the lag time with it, its always going to appear to be getting worse before it gets better. Its not that there are any newer cases after a quarantine, in fact there may be way less people getting infected, but you wont find out for a week. Instead, you are just seeing the effect of a week prior. You are also seeing the effects of way more people getting tested who have already had it. This gives the appearance of it spreading rapidly, when in fact it could not spread to a single person and still see 20k new cases in a day from testing catching up to actual infections from a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.