Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same,just reading that the people dying because of the Coronavirus could reach 260,000 ffs.
It could reach anything - thats just speculation.
The figure is just a straight maximum(?) assumed mortality percentage (4% ?) of the last population figure of 65M
Even at 1% that's 65,000 extra death, funerals, graves and cremations.

An extra 260,000 is bulldozers and trenches in the park territory - scary

The figure is just a straight maximum(?) assumed mortality percentage (4% ?) of the last population figure of 65M
Even at 1% that's 65,000 extra death, funerals, graves and cremations.

Oi degsy stop being a little ray of sunshine :p it is what it is , we've just got to take the necessary precautions , minimise contact and just get on with !
* wanders off thinking ... should I start a glass half full thread for like minded people

hear hear. Pretty much, if UEFA say the only way to complete seasons is by every club chipping in an extortionate amount, then that's not going to happen. The vast majority of the prem would be happier for the season to be null and void and as the other leagues aren't too competitive, they'll probably be in the same boat bar one or two teams.

hear hear. Pretty much, if UEFA say the only way to complete seasons is by every club chipping in an extortionate amount, then that's not going to happen. The vast majority of the prem would be happier for the season to be null and void and as the other leagues aren't too competitive, they'll probably be in the same boat bar one or two teams.

Common sense

Even if the FL decides some how to restart in early April, is it going to be behind closed gates or are we to take a risk with tens of thousands in one place?

There’s absolutely no chance of it resuming in April, it’s not about crowds anymore, players and managers have got it.

Just making a point Mike, basically the same issues arise whenever it is restarted if not cancelled. Talk is that the epidemic is going to last for several months.

Even at 1% that's 65,000
extra death, funerals, graves and cremations.

Oi degsy stop being a little ray of sunshine :p it is what it is , we've just got to take the necessary precautions , minimise contact and just get on with !
* wanders off thinking ... should I start a glass half full thread for like minded people
Its being so cheerful as keeps me going
Just to lighten the mood a little more, 1% of 65M is 650,000.

Right so the Euros are postponed until 2021, I wonder what this means for the domestic leagues?
The argument to complete this season in winter and start up the new season by calendar is off the table now (if the next season is the full 9 months that is). Not that it was ever very likely, but the Euros next summer is going to have some sort of implication for the Prem meeting on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.