Club GM 4-1-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonight has definatly proven, the whole stadium issue is completly up in the air.

we should defo not cling on to the thought of going to bramley moore.

it looks to me like it is proving very very difficult to pull off for whatever reason. i would say funding being the main one.
If they are in the middle of negotiations and they turn round and say we want this and we are not considering anything else, we'd be in a really bad bargaining position. The last thing they want to do is play their hand too early.

we all knew how badly our sponsorship deals, alongside other sources of income were run so badly, but it really does surprise me how so many businessmen/investors around the world couldn't view us a great business to invest in. It was blindingly obvious a massive profit could be made. Good start by moshiri, but i expected these mass improvements to be made tbh.

I think it's natural to still question things when the utter knobheads that have run the club for years are generally still in place and have pulled the wool over our eyes loads of times before. It'll take a while to be fully trusting of the new regime.

It's not really a matter of trust it's about listening, thinking "okay let's see what happens" and moving on to the next point. We don't announce waterfront stadium and unveil Alexis Sanchez and somehow tonight we're same old Everton.

I think it's natural to still question things when the utter knobheads that have run the club for years are generally still in place and have pulled the wool over our eyes loads of times before. It'll take a while to be fully trusting of the new regime.

i honestly think we may of been hoodwinked over these docks plans again...

aslong as kenwright and co are in place we will be lead a merry dance and thats it.

Jesus Christ. The club and joe Anderson have confirmed that the Docks is our PLAN A, PREFERRED OPTION! Building a stadium at waterfront site with limited transport access on land which is owned by a development company is always going to be difficult. The club is sensible to have a plan B and it gives us more bargaining power with Peel.

Actually that's a very good point. Maybe the "it's still up in the air" stuff is just to push Peel to get things moving. Lets face it, they need the stadium to kick start that part of the docks just as much as we need them.

If Everton dangle yet another Kings Dock size carrot and end up giving us another Kirkby I'm done.. sorry but this represents a fantastic opportunity to put the club on the map and finally, dare I say it, outshine the RS in terms of kudos and location..

As a season ticket holder at Goodison since 1977 I would only want us to leave for the waterfront site. If we have to move to an edge of the city site like Stonebridge Cross, I would seriously look at my position. I'll be nearing to 60 by the time this all happens.
The prospect of a waterfront stadium excites me (even though its further from my home than Goodison) and would keep me going for sure. A redeveloped Goodison too. Make this happen Mr Moshiri.

Status
Not open for further replies.