Club GM 4-1-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like moshiri is giving us exactly what we've been crying out for.

Reduced debt repayments, increased commercial and sponsorship revenues giving us more money to keep our best players and bring quality in.

Slightly disappointed in the stadium news, or lack of, but it's apparent we are after the water front site and are pursuing that actively.

Don't see how anything from tonight can be seen negatively at all. Get some quality signings bagged in January and let's get after the top 6.

Peel hold the most power in this. They have no need to sell the land and they know that EFC are under huge pressure from the fans to deliver that site. Now, if you're Peel you are going to bleed the club for as much as you can.

Some people think its a case of offering them a fiver and sticking a few lego blocks together. This stadium is a very difficult scheme to deliver with many factors that could make or break it.
Saying they need us as much as we need them was going too far. What I meant was... there's been no development at that end of the docks in the time they've owned the land.. and other than us, there's nothing else on the horizon. If the stadium moves there we'll attract bars, restaurants etc. But I agree, they'll get the maximum from us that they can.

Prior to this meeting I was 95% confident that we would be seeing a new Everton stadium at Bramley Moore Dock.

Right now I would say I'm more 50/50.

Thought tonight would have been more positive re the stadium issue.

@GrandOldTeam

Echo taking the proverbial here...

echogot.jpg

Wouldn't stand for that lol

Prior to this meeting I was 95% confident that we would be seeing a new Everton stadium at Bramley Moore Dock.

Right now I would say I'm more 50/50.

Thought tonight would have been more positive re the stadium issue.

Nah Mosh has got this mate. Im hoping it's just a little too early to announce it officially

I think this was perhaps one of the most positive presentations in a long time for EFC. Good news on the commercial front. Lots of steps in the right direction.
There will be a new stadium. That is what I am hearing. It is the location that is up in the air. Obviously there are obstacles to negotiate regarding the waterfront. Is anyone truly surprised by that? Everybody wants the waterfront, but it is not as simple as buying the land and laying down bricks. This is not a house, or a garden shed.
It will have to be planned and integrated into the entire infrastructure of the area. There have to be all kinds of financial and technical details to agree on before a definite announcement. This means there will be a lot of people, and a lot of personal agendas to deal with. My hope is that the people representing our club have the nous to pull it off. The thing is, our collective confidence wains when we see the same old faces telling us they are working on it.
Time to take charge Mr Moshiri and show them how it is done.
The words have been said. Now we will see what actions come from them.

I expect to hear nothing more on finances than what's already been said on the loan Moshiri's made to replace the Pru's.

I'd hope that we get something concrete on Bramley Moore re. having an agreement in principle on purchasing the land subject to planning permission, but I'd say it's 50/50 whether we will or not.

I expect nothing on transfers in this window except a bland "Funds are available for the manager"

I think it's too early for them to give anything remotely specific on commercial deals.

To be honest, at this moment in time I'm comfortable with the above.

Actions, not flowery prose is what we need.

We can make a judgement on transer funds at the end of January and we can make another judgement on commercial deals in May or thereabouts. If the outcome of those two are positive then I'll be happy and couldn't give a toss about tomorrow's Death by Powerpoint presentation !

Having said that I'll be avidly listening to what's said, but have been in enough meetings over the years to know that they're not that important.

I said 10 minutes or so ago in the AGM thread that it's actions, not words we need.

Much as I'd like them to communicate their plans far better than they are doing, the time to drag the BoD over the coals is some way off

If they havn't :-

• Strengthened the squad by the end of January
  • Significantly strengthened the squad by the end of August
  • Sorted out a half decent replacement for the Chang contract and
  • Made tangible progress on the stadium this calendar year
... then they need their arse kicking by the fan base. Till then tis just hot air on the internet ( including this post ).

Vaulting myself here but wtf.
We're just about to go for a beer and a bite to eat so here's some quick thoughts.

That's the first EFC AGM I've been to, so I've nothing really to compare it with, but I'm coming away a bit more pleased than I expected to.

I didn't expect any news on the commercial side, so the shirt deal sounds good. From memory I think it'll mean we'll still be on half what Spurs are on ? But that's probably the best we can expect given our current situation.

It would have been good to have something a bit more concrete on the docks, but it's no major surprise that it's still under wraps.

It's not the first time I've heard Moshiri in the flesh, but it is the first time I've heard him speak at any length. He's not the orator that Kenwright is, but he's much much more ambitious, knows what he wants and you can see why he's worth a damned sight more than Kenwright is.

The news on season tickets is good, but it's all well and good pandering to the U25's, they really should think about offering a discount to the 55+ brigade !

I've probably missed loads out, but I could murder a pint.

Status
Not open for further replies.