Club GM 4-1-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few family members who work in the betting industry, one of them high up now. He was one of the people years ago who thought of the offers to entice people back online, he got rewarded for it.

Truth is, from betting industry to the food industry they don't care about your well-being they are about profit.

He lives in Asia working for a betting firm out there now.

Moomin and Zat related shocker ???

For what it's worth, here are my notes on last night's meeting. Think none of it is new, but may be useful as reference.

EVERTON GENERAL MEETING

4th January 2017, 6 p.m.

Liverpool Philharmonic Hall

General – Looked like the best attended General Meeting in the last ten years

Business – Robert Elstone, Denise Barrett-Baxendale, Sasha and Keith Harris all re-elected as directors by a unanimous vote

Video – 2016 Summary – very professional

CEO Financial Presentation – Key Points

• Forecast revenue for 2017 £172,5m (£120m in 2016)

• Forecast TV Revenue £133.6 (£86.4m in 2016)
    • £1.9m per league position (was £1.2m)

• £1.1m per televised game (was £0.8m)

• £10m per club per year from Chinese TV rights alone
  • Forecast commercial revenue £20.7m (was £14.2m)

• Forecast matchday revenue down by £2m because of cheaper ticket policy

• 2017/18 season tickets
    • All season tickets will be less than this season or the same price as this season

• Under 25 ST will be £380

• 12 month Direct Debit option will be available

• Maximum cost of a ST will be £570

• Commercial Revenue
    • £75m new commercial deals signed

• 300% increase in shirt sponsorship deal

• New rules will allow additional advertising on sleeves

• Naming rights deal for Finch Farm agreed

• Wages
    • Forecast £111m (was £84m)

• Staff headcount 355 (was 334)

• Living wage will be paid

• Operating Profit
    • Forecast £14m (was £6m loss)
  • Loan from major shareholder of £80m will cover net debt and “exceptional items”

• Stadium
    • A viable scheme in respect of design, planning and transport is essential

• More than one option still on the table

• An announcement is expected to be made in the next few months

• Young Evertonians – the objective is to get the next generation of fans to the ground. 25% of people attending the Southampton game were under 22

Interviews

Koeman and Walsh

• RK – young players are the future; delighted with DCL and TD; we will take the FA Cup seriously; we need to be aggressive

• SW – responsible for first-team recruitment; attends every game; the team ethic is important so a player’s personal attributes are key.
Kenwright and Moshiri

• BK – met FM 18 monts ago and knew instantly that he was right for EFC; said that FM wants to sign even more players than we do – keeps SKY Sports in business in transfer windows

• FM – a minority shareholder in another club where he had gone because of his business partner (presumably Usmanov) but wanted to buy a club; looked at a number of clubs; very keen on BK as he recognised “a driven and enthusiastic” individual like himself; after that no other options were considered; impressed by Evertonians he meets on the train who insist on buying him beer; great club with great tradition “but we don’t want to be a museum”; Premier league position is more important than the FA Cup (challenged by BK and later a shareholder in the audience); we have a lot of catching up to do – Liverpool and United have always had wealth and success; Man City and Chelsea have bought it; Everton need to follow the Arsenal and Spurs model (he doesn’t think Spurs can compete long term!); we have a window now in which we need to catch up.
Denise Barrett-Baxendale

• Gave a brilliant account of 60 projects run by EITC and said that these projects are part of the club, not add-ons as in other PL clubs; she has the Pope on speed dial.
Q and A

RE – lessons learnt from Kirkby and WH Avenue projects is that we must have consensus on location this time (code for BM Dock is the favoured option I think).

BK – No question of where want the new ground to be (code for BM Dock is the favoured option I think)

Joe Anderson (invited to speak by BK) – The dock site is plan A; significant investment already mad in access and infrastructure - £6m more planned by end of April, as well as a new station (timescale not specified); Mayor and council will support the scheme all the way as they did for Anfield development.

FM – in response to a question about how small shareholders will be affected by the plans said the development plans will benefit all shareholders.

Meeting closed at 7.30 p.m.

For what it's worth, here are my notes on last night's meeting. Think none of it is new, but may be useful as reference.

EVERTON GENERAL MEETING

4th January 2017, 6 p.m.

Liverpool Philharmonic Hall

General – Looked like the best attended General Meeting in the last ten years

Business – Robert Elstone, Denise Barrett-Baxendale, Sasha and Keith Harris all re-elected as directors by a unanimous vote

Video – 2016 Summary – very professional

CEO Financial Presentation – Key Points

• Forecast revenue for 2017 £172,5m (£120m in 2016)

• Forecast TV Revenue £133.6 (£86.4m in 2016)
    • £1.9m per league position (was £1.2m)

• £1.1m per televised game (was £0.8m)

• £10m per club per year from Chinese TV rights alone
  • Forecast commercial revenue £20.7m (was £14.2m)

• Forecast matchday revenue down by £2m because of cheaper ticket policy

• 2017/18 season tickets
    • All season tickets will be less than this season or the same price as this season

• Under 25 ST will be £380

• 12 month Direct Debit option will be available

• Maximum cost of a ST will be £570

• Commercial Revenue
    • £75m new commercial deals signed

• 300% increase in shirt sponsorship deal

• New rules will allow additional advertising on sleeves

• Naming rights deal for Finch Farm agreed

• Wages
    • Forecast £111m (was £84m)

• Staff headcount 355 (was 334)

• Living wage will be paid

• Operating Profit
    • Forecast £14m (was £6m loss)
  • Loan from major shareholder of £80m will cover net debt and “exceptional items”

• Stadium
    • A viable scheme in respect of design, planning and transport is essential

• More than one option still on the table

• An announcement is expected to be made in the next few months

• Young Evertonians – the objective is to get the next generation of fans to the ground. 25% of people attending the Southampton game were under 22

Interviews

Koeman and Walsh

• RK – young players are the future; delighted with DCL and TD; we will take the FA Cup seriously; we need to be aggressive

• SW – responsible for first-team recruitment; attends every game; the team ethic is important so a player’s personal attributes are key.
Kenwright and Moshiri

• BK – met FM 18 monts ago and knew instantly that he was right for EFC; said that FM wants to sign even more players than we do – keeps SKY Sports in business in transfer windows

• FM – a minority shareholder in another club where he had gone because of his business partner (presumably Usmanov) but wanted to buy a club; looked at a number of clubs; very keen on BK as he recognised “a driven and enthusiastic” individual like himself; after that no other options were considered; impressed by Evertonians he meets on the train who insist on buying him beer; great club with great tradition “but we don’t want to be a museum”; Premier league position is more important than the FA Cup (challenged by BK and later a shareholder in the audience); we have a lot of catching up to do – Liverpool and United have always had wealth and success; Man City and Chelsea have bought it; Everton need to follow the Arsenal and Spurs model (he doesn’t think Spurs can compete long term!); we have a window now in which we need to catch up.
Denise Barrett-Baxendale

• Gave a brilliant account of 60 projects run by EITC and said that these projects are part of the club, not add-ons as in other PL clubs; she has the Pope on speed dial.
Q and A

RE – lessons learnt from Kirkby and WH Avenue projects is that we must have consensus on location this time (code for BM Dock is the favoured option I think).

BK – No question of where want the new ground to be (code for BM Dock is the favoured option I think)

Joe Anderson (invited to speak by BK) – The dock site is plan A; significant investment already mad in access and infrastructure - £6m more planned by end of April, as well as a new station (timescale not specified); Mayor and council will support the scheme all the way as they did for Anfield development.

FM – in response to a question about how small shareholders will be affected by the plans said the development plans will benefit all shareholders.

Meeting closed at 7.30 p.m.

Regarding the Kenwright and Moshiri discussion when Moshiri mentions "we have a window in which we need to catch up". Did you take that as in "a window of opportunity over a certain period of time to catch up" or as in "the January window gives us a chance to catch up with strengthening the squad"?

That question goes out to @Woolly Blue who I know was there last night as well. How did you interpret what he said mate regarding the above?

Regarding the Kenwright and Moshiri discussion when Moshiri mentions "we have a window in which we need to catch up". Did you take that as in "a window of opportunity over a certain period of time to catch up" or as in "the January window gives us a chance to catch up with strengthening the squad"?

That question goes out to @Woolly Blue who I know was there last night as well. How did you interpret what he said mate regarding the above?
I took it to mean the interpretation I have highlighted. Think he means that we need to catch up financially, including the building of a new stadium before the top six get even richer and more powerful than the rest of the PL.

Pretty sure he was talking about the former mate. A transfer window is very short term and he'll be thinking much further ahead than that.

A big part of his thinking will revolve around a new stadium and getting that right so that it's increasing revenues as much as it can.

The days of billionaires bankrolling clubs to success have pretty much gone due to the financial restrictions placed on clubs. He knows that, so the only way to compete is to find new, or enhanced, income streams.

There are some short-term things which can be done to get us going, but there's no quick fix. The club's been underfunded for years and it'll likely take years to make us competitive again.

Pretty sure he was talking about the former mate. A transfer window is very short term and he'll be thinking much further ahead than that.

A big part of his thinking will revolve around a new stadium and getting that right so that it's increasing revenues as much as it can.

The days of billionaires bankrolling clubs to success have pretty much gone due to the financial restrictions placed on clubs. He knows that, so the only way to compete is to find new, or enhanced, income streams.

There are some short-term things which can be done to get us going, but there's no quick fix. The club's been underfunded for years and it'll likely take years to make us competitive again.

Y'see, we should ALL know this because, frankly, it's pretty obvious...yet there are some who are still demanding everything NOW.

Patience is the key here, right across the board, it's not gonna happen overnight.

But for the first time in...hmmm, forever...the foundations for a grand future could well be falling into place. And instead of ripping it at every opportunity - as some do - we all need to get onside. The fume of our red friends in the first 24hrs should encourage us to do that if nothing else...

Exciting times ahead I reckon.;)

Thanks for the reply WB, appreciated as always.

Not too sure what I expected to hear from last night's agm, from picking through the bones of it I wasn't overly excited nor was I fuming, all just a bit "meh" because it's all just words at the end of the day until we see some action. That goes for transfers as well as stadium. Hoping beyond hope it all comes to fruition but if it all went tits up again I wouldn't be surprised, would shrug my shoulders and say "Everton that".

Either way, won't stop me supporting Everton ;)

Back page.. unless someone is on a wind up

Attachments

• IMG_8179.JPG
    IMG_8179.JPG
    438.4 KB · Views: 209

Status
Not open for further replies.