Cloughie and Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defensive coaches are very rare, they aint really a "thing".

Moyes would be a rubbish defensive coach by the way. Unless we ignore all the heavy defeats against the likes of West Brom, Villa and Bolton. If we ignore them and pretend they didnt happen (which shouldnt be hard as its what we seem to do these days anyway) then he would be ideal.

Christ that three game run was horrid 12 goals, 0 scored, on the bounce three 4-0's.

Remember when we were 18/19th at Xmas under Moyes? Where were protesters then!

I'm sure it didn't help, the man was a bellend, a bigot and a bully, and contributed largely to fashanu's life going downhill

Winston Churchill was no saint either and I believe the misogynist drunk saved civilisation (with a lot of help from the Russians).

Clough, especially when backed by Taylor, was an unbelievable manager - two teams to their first ever championship, 2 euro cups and would have been three if Juve had not bought a Polish ref for a pair o levis and a kit kat.

Talking about Fashnu, it is not fair to judge Clough by our social norms. Anti gay rhetoric was all the norm in that era. Clough, like the vast majority of us, are products of the culture and era in which he was raised.

My beliefs are totally different to my Dad´s. Different eras.

Winston Churchill was no saint either and I believe the misogynist drunk saved civilisation (with a lot of help from the Russians).

Clough, especially when backed by Taylor, was an unbelievable manager - two teams to their first ever championship, 2 euro cups and would have been three if Juve had not bought a Polish ref for a pair o levis and a kit kat.

Talking about Fashnu, it is not fair to judge Clough by our social norms. Anti gay rhetoric was all the norm in that era. Clough, like the vast majority of us, are products of the culture and era in which he was raised.

My beliefs are totally different to my Dad´s. Different eras.
wouldn't argue with taylor/clough being a superb managerial combo, can't stand him as a personality though, churchill was a right wing tit an all

Big Nev said something the other day that got me thinking.

If Philip Carter was chairman, he would have told Bobby to get a defensive coach in to take him out of the firing line.

Our last two managers have has some great attributes and some appalling weaknesses. Their strengths totally complement each other.

If Moshiri got the two of them to sign a mutual protection pact - you get me fired, you are fired too - and the sat down to iron out their differences -we would have some Management Team.

Bobby convinces players to Join us. Good on youth. Great PR with media. Good attacking play.
Moysie the defensive organiser. Great Man to spot a bargain. Set pieces. Fitness.

They both openly profess their love for Everton.

If they could agree between themselves, it would beat Pellegrini any day of the week.

I have been saying something similar for a while. However, it may not be that simple as the manager may not tolerate any interference to his role as manager. I would be happy to see him stay, if he could work under a general manager.
He must recognise that there are problems, he must at least accept that the board are guided more by results than performance.

I believe there will be changes this summer , I am just not convinced that RM will leave the club completely.

We hear about the plans that the new owner has for Everton. We probably will see the beginning of those this summer.
The arrival of a manager like Mourinho would be a statement in itself or Simeone , but how many others would such an impact and what are the chances of either of those coming.
Pellegrini has a good pedigree, but his CV in his time in English football is modest, given the cost of the squad of players he has to work with.

People talk about our collapse at Liverpool, City went to Southampton and did exactly the same thing. RM got roasted, rightly so, are we going to replace him with a man suffered the same fate.

Sometimes a manager can work better in one league than another, maybe Pellegrini isn't best suited to the Premiership. Certainly at City he has been hanging on by his fingernails for a while.
The one title he won, luckily for us all, came about because of a last minute implosion by Liverpool.

Dual managers don't work - You need one person in charge with the final say so. Kendall & Harvey, Clough & Taylor were great partnerships but there was no doubting who was the boss.

3 or 4 months back, I would have agreed and to an extent I do agree that all Martinez needs is a defensive coach like Dave Watson, Richard Gough etc.

However, the attacking football has even been non existent in recent months, never mind the defensive frailties.
I think that the players have lost confidence and now no longer believe in the system they play.
I think it was the 28th November when the wheels started to come off the wagon , before that we were cruising nicely and had some very good results . The prospects looked bright...at that time.

I think that more than anything we need a higher workload from our players, Barkley needs to work harder generally and particularly on the defensive side of his game.
I think that the existing squad of players could do so much better than they are , I think they could look at Leicester and learn something.

Big Nev said something the other day that got me thinking.

If Philip Carter was chairman, he would have told Bobby to get a defensive coach in to take him out of the firing line.

Our last two managers have has some great attributes and some appalling weaknesses. Their strengths totally complement each other.

If Moshiri got the two of them to sign a mutual protection pact - you get me fired, you are fired too - and the sat down to iron out their differences -we would have some Management Team.

Bobby convinces players to Join us. Good on youth. Great PR with media. Good attacking play.
Moysie the defensive organiser. Great Man to spot a bargain. Set pieces. Fitness.

They both openly profess their love for Everton.

If they could agree between themselves, it would beat Pellegrini any day of the week.
Absolute twoddle

Status
Not open for further replies.