Cloughie and Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

argietoffee

Player Valuation: £20m
Big Nev said something the other day that got me thinking.

If Philip Carter was chairman, he would have told Bobby to get a defensive coach in to take him out of the firing line.

Our last two managers have has some great attributes and some appalling weaknesses. Their strengths totally complement each other.

If Moshiri got the two of them to sign a mutual protection pact - you get me fired, you are fired too - and the sat down to iron out their differences -we would have some Management Team.

Bobby convinces players to Join us. Good on youth. Great PR with media. Good attacking play.
Moysie the defensive organiser. Great Man to spot a bargain. Set pieces. Fitness.

They both openly profess their love for Everton.

If they could agree between themselves, it would beat Pellegrini any day of the week.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
Would never happen. Joint managers never worked. Although the Evans-Houllier Mordor Combo gave us a few laughs for a while.
Plus with a portion of the fanbase being advocates for sacking RM and replacing him with Moyes, t'Internet would become unbearable.

....I don't get this 'defensive coach' argument. Tactics are about what the whole team do with and without the ball, you can't compartmentalise and have separate parts of the team differently organised. The only possible view is to have somebody working on set piece defending but there has to be a game management approach co-ordinated by a single coach.

Defensive coaches are very rare, they aint really a "thing".

Moyes would be a rubbish defensive coach by the way. Unless we ignore all the heavy defeats against the likes of West Brom, Villa and Bolton. If we ignore them and pretend they didnt happen (which shouldnt be hard as its what we seem to do these days anyway) then he would be ideal.

Big Nev said something the other day that got me thinking.

If Philip Carter was chairman, he would have told Bobby to get a defensive coach in to take him out of the firing line.

Our last two managers have has some great attributes and some appalling weaknesses. Their strengths totally complement each other.

If Moshiri got the two of them to sign a mutual protection pact - you get me fired, you are fired too - and the sat down to iron out their differences -we would have some Management Team.

Bobby convinces players to Join us. Good on youth. Great PR with media. Good attacking play.
Moysie the defensive organiser. Great Man to spot a bargain. Set pieces. Fitness.

They both openly profess their love for Everton.

If they could agree between themselves, it would beat Pellegrini any day of the week.

A few of us discussed this hybrid theory previously on another thread, we decided that knowing our luck the Everton hybrid we would end up with would be Bobbys defensive nonsense and Moyes fear of attack

3 or 4 months back, I would have agreed and to an extent I do agree that all Martinez needs is a defensive coach like Dave Watson, Richard Gough etc.

However, the attacking football has even been non existent in recent months, never mind the defensive frailties.

Status
Not open for further replies.