Clapping Naismith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at it form a different point of view, but does anyone think it might be down to a bit of guilt? He tried his heart out for this club but was starting to get a bit of stick towards the end. Not saying everyone who clapped felt guilty but applause is quite infectious, a few start, the rest join in. Just a thought!!
Another point, it says more about his personality than it does about fans who applauded him. Only a handful of players have been applauded on their return...probably fewer for scoring against us. Just says to be what a favourite he was. Of course I might be talking plop!

Top of the Everton board on GOT. :)

Would the goal have been applauded if someone else scored it? Of course not, so it's the player it's aimed at. A player who gave no less than 100% and his off the field behaviour and character shames 99.9% of footballers.

What damage is done?

Some proper crying arses on here...perspective children please

edit

btw I've applauded goals against us by non ex players if it was skilful
The damage is that as a consequence we're out of a cup competition. I'm not suggesting he should've been boo'd but to me it goes totally against the grain to applaud any opposition player who scores against us and I'm not arsed if it's even Mother Therese.
I still had to drive my 12yr son home and try to appease him as he bemoaned that we're out of a cup competition. And that is what matters most to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.