CL Play off

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, don't like this idea. 38 games is enough to decide the 4th place not some mini end of season cup competition.

I honestly think this decision should go to a fans vote not the clubs, we're the ones who pay for season tickets and sports subscriptions to watch the spectacle and I'm sure the majority of fans would of voted in favour of this, what a spectacular end to the season it would of been.

On a side note - who else thinks that if this rule somehow applies we will finish 4th in the first season with it, but lose the playoff?

Exactly what I was thinking either we finish 4th and the new rule applies or Liverpool finish 7th, moan about it and UEFA bring it in for that season as a 'trial' to ensure they get in one way or another!

Agree that it would make the end of season games mean something though.

why? winning a trophy is better than coming second to me.

So you think Birmingham, who beat Arsenal by pure luck and then got relegated because they were crap all season deserve the Champions league spot over a team who were consistently the second best team in the country and only missed out on first by 10 points ? All Birmingham had to do was beat West Ham, Villa and Arsenal.

Sounds silly when you put it like that, doesn't it ?

so a team thats won a trophy sounds silly? is that as silly as having ONE champion, yet putting the three teams behind them ,into the CHAMPIONS league, yeah silly me.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6949485,00.html

The usual top 4 decline against the idea, no surprise there.

Personally i think this would be a brilliant idea! Would make a for a great end of season round off for those 4-7th and would mean we, and other teams, could possibly get Champs league for a season, not forgetting the money which comes with it which in all would only make the league as a whole stronger.

From what I remember Moyes was against this idea as well.

pedantic much? im merely stating to WIN is the criteria for qualification, you called it silly, i asked was it as silly as a champions league were more teams who were NOT champions entered. keep your straws.

And 3 other teams.

You know what i was getting at. They beat Rochdale 1-0. World beaters.

Meanwhile Chelsea had to beat many of the top 19 other clubs in the country to get second.

pedantic much? im merely stating to WIN is the criteria for qualification, you called it silly, i asked was it as silly as a champions league were more teams who were NOT champions entered. keep your straws.

Yes, winning is the criteria for qualification, like winning continuously over a 38 match period, something which Birmingham couldn't do.

But you know, if you think beating 3 PL teams and then some other lower league sides is more deserving of the Champions League simply because they got a cute trophy at the end of it then more power to you.

I guess the winner of the Charity Shield should automatically qualify for Europe too, it's more important when you WIN stuff.

4-7th in the playoffs would be fair. Whats not fair is that Chelsea could spend 50M on a washed up bench warmer and pay him a salary larger than the entire Blackpool squad.

You know what i was getting at. They beat Rochdale 1-0. World beaters.

Meanwhile Chelsea had to beat many of the top 19 other clubs in the country to get second.

Yes, winning is the criteria for qualification, like winning continuously over a 38 match period, something which Birmingham couldn't do.

But you know, if you think beating 3 PL teams and then some other lower league sides is more deserving of the Champions League simply because they got a cute trophy at the end of it then more power to you.

I guess the winner of the Charity Shield should automatically qualify for Europe too, it's more important when you WIN stuff.
i honestly couldnt give two F##ks for the "big four" cartel, anything that opens up the opprtunities for other clubs is ok by me, a fairer way would be to divide the money up more fairly, but thats not going to happen. so look at ways to give other teams a chance .

i honestly couldnt give two F##ks for the "big four" cartel, anything that opens up the opprtunities for other clubs is ok by me, a fairer way would be to divide the money up more fairly, but thats not going to happen. so look at ways to give other teams a chance .

Allowing teams like Birmingham into the Champions league to try and break up the big four is like firing a water balloon at a giant robot of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.