Chris Kamara/Owen on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind Vic on the bench too much but he's not good enough to start and I think Vellios has more potential. We'll see. I just don't think an extra striker will do us any harm though I'd prefer it to be a young one like Niang rather than Owen.

Right now if Jelavic gets an injury, we don't look clever at all. However good Vic looked in cameos last year he's not a week in, week out goalscorer.

I'm certainly not clamoring for him to become a regular starter. I just wish everyone would stop laying into him, especially when he had a strike rate that was better than 1 in 3 last season, which eclipses the record of some far bigger names in the premiership last season.

Also, if the choice is between Anichebe, or Michael fecking Owen, who is BEYOND CRAP, then there is no competition. Anichebe wins every time.

Man utd have just spent 24M on a 29yr old striker whilst already having the likes of Rooney wellbeck chico berbatov Powell in there ranks...

You can never have enough striking options in your squad.

Keep Vic bring in someone like the young Niang lad and also add Owen too.. Job done for 12 months!

Btw.. A jelavic injury would be devastating to us with just Vic and vellios to step in for a run of games mark my words!

Owen was clearly on Goals on Sunday trying to flog himself to Everton. Talked down a move back to Liverpool, spoke of being an Everton fan as a kid, then no longer supporting anyone while he was a player and how he would only play for a premier league club preferably close to home.

Stoke can have him. Hopefully our days of buying has beens is firmly in the past.

Thank you. I like to point out the obvious.

I'll do the same, then. Owen is a clapped out, washed up injury prone has been who's long lost any real desire to play football. He's far more interested in horses than in soccer. He wants to play in the Prem, in the north west, at Man United wages but he doesn't fancy working hard on the field. If anyone at Everton are seriously considering signing him they need medical help.

Rather give McAleny, Vellios, Victor, Magaye or Mirallas a run up top rather than pay Owen £50k a week just in case Jelavic isn't fit. Dead money.
That said, would be glorious to see him score the winner at Analfield.
First post, hello GOT.

I think the problem with Anichebe isn't form or natural ability, it's attitude and personal drive. He's shown flashes of genuine brilliance over the years to show us why he still is where he is. But you only have to watch him play (be it a full game or when he comes on) to see why he's never progressed to be a regular starter for us.

this. I think anichebe has incredible potential (said this all along). has potential to be a top top player, and don't want us to sell him yet i know he'll probs just let me down and never fulfill his potential because of his attitude

Yesterday our strikers were Jelavic, Naismith, Anichebe and Vellios.

Tomorrow it could be Jelavic, Naismith, Mirallas and Owen.

I know which one I prefer.

I'd be furious if we offered Owen more than 25 K a week to play for us . But i guess he could do a job for us as a sub and in cup games.

I'd be furious if we offered Owen more than 25 K a week to play for us . But i guess he could do a job for us as a sub and in cup games.

Exactly, he won't jump straight into the first team. He'd be an effective sub and would only probably be with us for one or two seasons, decent signing in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.