Chris Evans Talksport...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostOfDixie

Player Valuation: £70m
Just been listening to TalkSport with Alan Brazil and Ronnie Irani. One of the guests was Chris Evans.

They asked him who he supported, he said Liverpool. They said have you ever wanted to buy a football club and he said between 1998 - 2000 he almost bought Everton for £13m.

He also said they had almost no debt then.

Interesting.

Chris Evans? The ginger bloke or someone else?

If its him, even if he did by us for £13 mill he still doenst have the resources to run a football club, especially nowdays. Its like that stupid Simon Cowall thing last year. They've got money, but not enough to run a footy club.

But I suppose he's got more than Kenwright…so I'm guessing we'd probably be in the same boat we're in now….

And he's rednose….I'd rather have Bill ahahaha

If I remember rightly he wanted to buy the club and install his mate, Terry Venables, as manager. Either it was true or he wanted a shedload of publicity...just as many others have used Everton to get down the years.

I just caught the arse end of that Talksport interview. He said something about his former *mate*, Gazza, that he doesn't like the way he looks now and that he fears the *end of that story* wont be a good one. I cant stand Gazza myself, but talk about kicking a man when he's down. A complete fcuking turd, just like the divvies interviewing him.

That's just frightning. Wasn't he on the lash most of that time.

*shivers.

Yeah, I think it was around that time, mainly 98, that he was on the lash with Gazza etc spunking cash away.

I'm sure the buyou was more of a media stunt. He probably would've drove the club into the ground trying to make us the new Spurs haha.

Just been listening to TalkSport with Alan Brazil and Ronnie Irani. One of the guests was Chris Evans.

They asked him who he supported, he said Liverpool. They said have you ever wanted to buy a football club and he said between 1998 - 2000 he almost bought Everton for £13m.

He also said they had almost no debt then.

Interesting.

Shoithawk , Ghost . We had a close one , as they say .

He also went on to say that he hasnt spoken to Gascoigne for 2.5 years . He didnt seem to lose touch during Euro 96 when he rode on the poor fukas shirt-tails and kept him on the lash for 18 months .
The fact that this is the first time Ive heard him say he supports Liverpool is typical . Typical in the club he chose , but typical , that after so much football related exposure , only now does he declare an affiliation .
Gobbus Shoiticus .

Last edited:
That's just frightning. Wasn't he on the lash most of that time.

*shivers.

If I remember right he was well on the lash himself and it cost him his marriage in the end plus he didnt turn up for his radio shows and got the sack. He was in a bad way himself. Talk about pot and kettle there.

Status
Not open for further replies.