Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was me i'd go 3-4-3 with digne and kenny at wingbacks and back three of keane,holgate & godfrey. Doucoure and Gbamin in midfield and gordon rondon and gray up top.

its just a game and it is based on who performs over the 90 minutes. If we continue to make awful mistakes in front of goal they have the quality to punish us (I mean Palace did...). However if we shut up shop, bolt the doors and park the bus then we could conceivably sneak a 0-0.
Alarmingly that would be seen as a victory for 'low-bar Benitez', but I would be really happy to get a point.
Given our constraints - I would go:
Pickford
Holgate Keane Branthwaite Godfrey
Doucoure Delph Gomes Digne
Gordon Rondon
Unfortunately even then its likely either Holgate or Godfrey sees a red, and Branthwaite is off injured in the first half.
That just seems to be the way things go.

If it was me i'd go 3-4-3 with digne and kenny at wingbacks and back three of keane,holgate & godfrey. Doucoure and Gbamin in midfield and gordon rondon and gray up top.
I thought Gray was out for some reason... if fit he plays instead of Rondon and hope he has the legs for their defenders.

its just a game and it is based on who performs over the 90 minutes. If we continue to make awful mistakes in front of goal they have the quality to punish us (I mean Palace did...). However if we shut up shop, bolt the doors and park the bus then we could conceivably sneak a 0-0.
Alarmingly that would be seen as a victory for 'low-bar Benitez', but I would be really happy to get a point.
Pickford
Gordon Rondon
Unfortunately even then its likely either Holgate or Godfrey sees a red, and Branthwaite is off injured in the first half.
That line up is absolutely horrendous but I totally agree . What a state this club is . Average players with a below average manager .

Pickford
Gordon Rondon
Sweet Jesus, the state of us

I guess we leave Gray on the bench to start and throw him on for the last 20 if we're down a goal? Otherwise save him for winnable future games?

Pickford
Gordon Rondon
You`d got 2 CMs against their 3? With what we`ve got? Have you even been watching us this season? How did 2 v 3 in CM workout against Liverpool with better players!!!

I despair at our fanbase sometimes... just wow

Pickford
Kenny Keane Branthwaite Godfrey
Doucs Holgate Gomes
Gray Simms Gordon
That’s a blood bath heading our way! We might as well make use of the second goalkeeper and throw him in the other half of Pickfords goal.

I thought I had
Delph
Doucoure and Gomes
in that line up....
We should never play with 2 CM's ever.
Looks 4-4-2 to me, apologies if it was a mistake

1639504091570.png

Status
Not open for further replies.