Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Better team won. No complaints. If you have to perform witch hunts to single out OUR players to vent your sexually inadequate spleen then you really have to take a long look at yourself. People who haven't been involved in football or team sports at any level should expect to have their opinions taken with a pinch of salt.

Which is why I said we need a door unlocker in midfield, instead loads of people are pining for a jarg tackle merchant like Gana.

We do, but they need to be athletic - a runner on the ball (Grealish style).

That's what the playmaker is now. The James types are few and far between.

I
Well beaten and, frankly, firmly put in our place.

We thought we did well in the summer with our four signings. Yet, we only had two of them on the pitch tonight in what was, arguably, the biggest match of our season so far. As we weren't much cop before those four signings, we were only marginally better tonight with only two of them available.

We're still in with a chance, in so much as the guy who is about to be lapped in a grand prix is still in with a chance. You're in it until you are out of it, but, let's be real, tonight showed the gap in quality that needs to be bridged. If we could be relied on to beat the "teams we should be beating" to finish top four, you'd say we were still fighting, but realistically we can't be relied on to do that and therefore we'll likely fall away now. The cup game is huge now.
I never thought we'd finish above Chelsea, my hope was/is that we could finish above Leicester.

Dung, absolute dung performance. Teams like Brighton and Fulham would have been a lot braver than our lot and at least caused them some problems. How we are near the top 4 baffles me. Considering the money we've spent and the coaching we SHOULD be getting, that was no better fair than what fat sam would have served up. If you're happy with that performance then good luck to you. Ive never seen a team who pass it backwards more than we do. Awful football and a team full of cowards.

Which is why I said we need a door unlocker in midfield, instead loads of people are pining for a jarg tackle merchant like Gana.
That’s exactly what we need, someone very comfortable on the ball and is forward thinking in midfield.

Having no right side what so ever was criminal. Even last season we managed to create a couple of chances down the right with Sidibe and Walcott . Ironically against Chelsea in particularly.
We had no centre mid either and needed CB depth / LB cover and a backup keeper. Couldn’t afford to do it all in one window.
RB was on paper better covered than LB with Coleman and JJK.

Otters have said it was criminal to go into the season with no backup striker.

Ther is still much to do this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.