Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just saying to a mate ‘that whilst I’m not comparing him to or think he’ll be as good as Lukaku, none of our strikers has scored a goal like that since Lukaku left’.
Made up for the kid hope he bags some more before the end of the season. Also Dom’s goal against palace. was like a Lukaku Goal brush the defender aside and slot. I guess he didn’t have to travel as far as Sims tho to be fair.

The same ones saying Simms is rubbish because the keeper should have saved it. Idiots
That's as snide as it gets. They didn't just say it once either as a joke. They said it multiple times in the next few hours after an imprtant result for us and with the intent to deflate the upbeat mood here.

It's just completely unforgivable.

Cracking result from a great away performance. That draw sets us in good stead for the Spurs home game and Manu away. Tarkowski and Doucoure were immense.

I didn't give you the credit that your comment deserved yesterday. The lad - I say lad as he was half my age - was sat at the only available table and as soon as he saw my tee-shirt he said he was also an Evertonian. After I showed him your comment I realised what a mistake it was because he may have thought I was looking for a tell in his eyes! To make matters worse he got up to go to the toilet and Chelsea scored. I think all three of us were relieved (well I was at least, Mrs TT is still a bit of a looker even at almost 70) when the game ended and we could escape the situation.

Anyway, well-observed and COYB!
Well, that escalated quickly. :eek:

Apologies to you and your lady wife. A good lesson for me that, in the heat of an Everton match, typing out any old flippant, smart-arse, wise-cracking guff might not be the best way to deal with relegation-induced stress.

At least the game had a, er, happy ending. ;)

Well, that escalated quickly. :eek:

Apologies to you and your lady wife. A good lesson for me that, in the heat of an Everton match, typing out any old flippant, smart-arse, wise-cracking guff might not be the best way to deal with relegation-induced stress.

At least the game had a, er, happy ending. ;)
I didn't mention any of the above until we walked home (just the two of us) and we had a good laugh about it. I showed Mrs TT this mornings reply to you. She was particularly pleased with my description of her so, as you say, it was a happy ending.

I ought to add that I have a great sense of the ridiculous and often post stuff like that here. No need to apologise for your observation because, if the roles had been reversed I'd have said the same!

Well I enjoyed that yesterday , despite the two goals we looked relatively solid and the work rate was excellent . Brilliant run and finish from simms and I hope he can build on that , his time on loan shows he has an eye for goal and confidence could be key to unlocking that .

Credit to doucoure as well another very decent performance

The left right double touch of the ball from Simms sucked Koulibally right in and by that point. He was as good as round him.

If that was against us it would be: defender should have taken him down and taken the yellow and keeper should have done better… but it was for us so… amazing bit of play to get in behind their back line and lovely hard shot on target at a difficult height for the keeper to get a strong wrist on 😂😅

Finally watched the match. Not pretty, but not horrible. Godfrey seems to have dropped to a 5th-tier player from two seasons ago. Doucs is awesome. Everyone else pulled their weight. I'm happy with this result. Great on Simms. 2-2 is a hard-earned point for a team that treats goals like an expensive scotch that should stay on the shelf and not be indulged in.
Nah, just drink it.

Not sure what you mean either.

You tagged about 15 people into a post last night (myself included) yet the comments (from the match thread) weren't exactly worthy of being tagged into. They were just general comments what most fans would say during a game such as "the Chelsea goal had been coming", "poor goal to give away" etc

A great show from our Blue brothers.
Blues at Chelsea 18 Mar 23.jpg

The left right double touch of the ball from Simms sucked Koulibally right in and by that point. He was as good as round him.

If that was against us it would be: defender should have taken him down and taken the yellow and keeper should have done better… but it was for us so… amazing bit of play to get in behind their back line and lovely hard shot on target at a difficult height for the keeper to get a strong wrist on 😂😅
Apparently it was the Chelsea goal keeper taking back handers, according to the forum's Death Cult.

Status
Not open for further replies.