Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've abstained from voting on MOTM this week an absolutely terrible performance.

I left the ground when the 4th went in if the players cant be bothered to do the basics then I cba to stand there watching it. Just the simple things not even attempting to commit to making challenges or doing anything productive. Just completely lazy and effortless all-round.

Ferguson & Ancelotti have both done very well to scrape what results we have out of this squad because the majority of them just aren't up to it.

We’ve been having ‘odd poor results’ for the last four years lad.

What's that got to do with it?

We've had the current manager for less than 4 months. He hasn't had a pre-season with them or been able to buy to strengthen the squad.

I think it's unfair for anyone to expect the manger to turn things around immediately. Conversely I think it's unfair for the players to pick up the tactical set up and methods of a new manager with a matter of months. Despite this we've improved. Yesterday's result was a set back.

If you are going to use performances over a 4 year period as a stick to beat the manager and players with then I'm not sure how we ever create an environment around the club for people to succeed.

What's that got to do with it?

We've had the current manager for less than 4 months. He hasn't had a pre-season with them or been able to buy to strengthen the squad.

I think it's unfair for anyone to expect the manger to turn things around immediately. Conversely I think it's unfair for the players to pick up the tactical set up and methods of a new manager with a matter of months. Despite this we've improved. Yesterday's result was a set back.

If you are going to use performances over a 4 year period as a stick to beat the manager and players with then I'm not sure how we ever create an environment around the club for people to succeed.
I’m not expecting a quick turn around as I understand the situation Carlo is in and, barring Richarlison, the [Poor language removed] players he has to deal with.
Instead of waiting to get used to the tactical set up, I hope a lot of them are out the door soon.

Which of Everton's players was playing Defensive midfield today? Clearly none. We were playing away at Chelsea with no DM on the pitch and 2 up front. Our two "wide" players were Siggurdsson and Bernard, both 10's by nature. the entire back four had a nightmare. I am not sure how much of that line up was forced by injury and how much was choice.
The bench looked incredibly light with 2 defenders and 3 wingers.
Chelsea's reaction to an injury crisis was amazing, ours was amazingly bad. We lack depth and don't trust our young squad players.
The light bench we had contained 3 of brands big signings Mina kean and iwobi (almost £100m)

Lampard has now played his 18 year old just twice and been on the winning side.
If Billy Gilmour played for Everton he’d have been playing in Everton’s midfield quicker than he has played for Chelsea’s, here is a player who is screaming to be selected, Antony Gordon, I have seen him plenty of times and I like him, plenty of skill, get you out of your seat with his ability, but I have seen him disappear from games quite often, and this was in games for Everton’s U18 teams, Antony Gordon has a good chance of being a regular for the Blues, he still needs careful looking after, not ready, yet, to go right into Everton’s first team, but hopefully his time is not far away. Billy Gilmour is absolutely ready to play for Chelsea, wants it, shouting at his senior players v Liverpool, confident in his own penalty area, dribbling and confidently passing the ball yards away from his own goal, I wouldn’t hesitate to play kids like him for Everton, I promise you we haven’t got a player like him in Everton’s young teams.

I received an email from the club this morning entitled
"Extended highlights of Chelsea v Everton"
Unbloodybelieveable, we have morons in the operating process of our club everywhere. Other than the kick off I can't think of one moment when anything remotely meeting that grandiose title happened. It should be called "Extended lowlights" in order to pass the Trade Descriptions Act.
Get a grip EFC

Status
Not open for further replies.