Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably need to calm down a bit here.

We have had a number of managers over the past couple of years for a reason.

There are flaws all over this squad and have been for years. No personnel has changed since we got a genuine world class manager in place.

It will take a bit of time, we have seen a couple of improvements since he arrived and they have been in the players we will look to be keeping anyway.

Any awful performances like today will just mark the cards of some players who desperately need their cards marking. Players will be exposed between now and the end of the season and the manager will act accordingly.

Still rubbish like...

We won’t go down, behave

People were saying the same thing after we beat Oldham in March 94 (the same year we last won at Stamford frigging Bridge!) to go six points clear of the drop. Two months later, we were relying on Anders Louganis to keep us in the [Poor language removed] prem.

We are currently ten above. So the way this season has gone I am taking nothing for granted.

If we dont bin the 4-4-2 now I think questions need to be raised, far too open. I`m in favour of a Man City type 4-1-4-1 becoming 4-3-3, but what do I know? Its not like I called the game after 10 minutes and our expensive set of Manager and Coaches couldnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were 3 points off 5th and a possible Champions League spot a couple of weeks ago.

Now, I was one of the few putting that in context at the time and saying we wouldn't get Champions League Football, but we should 100% be aiming for Europa League Football next season, even now.

A failure to achieve Europa League Football next year, from this position, will be an abject failure on Carlo's part.

This team does not need Europe next year especially after the Euros.

...as I pointed out in the Gomes thread yesterday, we really lack any athleticism in CM. Indeed, we lack athleticism in key defensive areas.

From that starting line up, you run past Bernard, Sigurdsson, Gomes, Davies, Digne, and Keane you’re in the clear. It was easy playing against wardrobes for Chelsea today, and keeping two up front when we were clearly getting overrun was puzzling.

Went for Richarlison for MoM, he’s miles our best player in terms of quality and attitude.

I dont believe Gomes can play in a midfield 2....

The lads will be cruising down the Kings road tonight
02E6165E-0F15-4AB0-A2D2-A579EF389144.jpeg

If we dont bin the 4-4-2 now I think questions need to be raised, far too open. I`m in favour of a Man City type 4-1-4-1 becoming 4-3-3, but what do I know? Its not like I called the game after 10 minutes and our expensive set of Manager and Coaches couldnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He will get players in who suit his formation. Right now he will be seeing if anyone in the current squad can do a job in that formation.

No would be the answer most of the time....

Status
Not open for further replies.