Chelsea planning bid for Landon Donovan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thought was do Chelsea really need him on board, I don't understand their need to make an enquiry, he just wouldn't fit in at stamford bridge for me, I think it's because his first name is Landon that Chelsea have come in, if it was 'Pasties' Donovan he'd be on his way to Plymouth or 'Whippet' Donovan, then Huddersfield would be sniffing around.

Furthermore, can you imagine if Donovan was to leave, this site would fall like a house of cards.

No more Donovan, people would have to be flatlined if it came to that.

Ye gods. :oops:

I think that all US posters are in agreement with you on this one.

Probably 90% of US soccer fans want LD to stay at Everton
, and never see him step a foot on US soil except for US National Team practices. (See the foxsoccer site and their poll is 85% pro Everton).

It started out with the news back in December, that LD might be coming over to the EPL, your reaction was, OK, maybe a Yank could make it, but with weeks? Can't we do better? To, now Everton's acceptance, and then overwhelming support.

Go to anywhere but Everton, he would be strung up in the states.

Oh, and about the USMNT's chances in the world cup. LD, given all of the injuries, will have to put that team on his back, and as that Utube video goes, I am sailing this ship on my own....

The one's who dont want LD to stay are Galaxy fans...
Note these are the same people that say the MLS is at the same level as the EPL..

God I hope LD doesn't go to Chelsea, and it is a bit difficult to imagine him going to a place where so many of the players were once the "best" players for hteir respective former teams, yet are now sitting the bench or playing games here and there. LD would rather contribute to Everton's success regularly than have a bit part in Chelsea's CL campaign.

One of the reasons people call him "Landycakes" is that he supposedly lacks ambition. I think they miss the mark a bit, but I would agree he is a player who has no "dreams". He doesn't seem to have ever had one dream destination in mind. He just knows what he likes and what he doesn't like. So, while some players grow up with the idea of Real Madrid or ManU in their heads, I think Donovan is a bit more "take it as it comes."

So, if he doesn't have a "dream" of playing for a CL club, then the question becomes what he likes and doesn't like. In the former column he has LA (the lifestyle, sun, family and friends) and Everton (good football and fantastic support from his team and fans). IN the latter column he has his experiences in Germany. IN which column would Chelsea better fit? Considering his lack of opportunity in Germany, I think Chelsea is in the "doesn't like" column.

The one's who dont want LD to stay are Galaxy fans...
Note these are the same people that say the MLS is at the same level as the EPL..

I noticed you are from Philly...

Are you gonna switch over to the Union this season?

yes...I am now in PA most of the year nowadays...def. take my boys to a few

will not fully "switch" as I am an early Galaxy fan from the rose bowl days...good times :)

can't wait for Union games though...if this season ever gets under way :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Knew there had to be a thread somewhere. Anyway, whats the Jazz with his contract? Could he be a signing if we are prepared to buy out the remainder of his time at Galaxy?

Knew there had to be a thread somewhere. Anyway, whats the Jazz with his contract? Could he be a signing if we are prepared to buy out the remainder of his time at Galaxy?

You must have missed over the self titled Sir Landon of Donovan thread.. possibly the most massive thread on this great forum..

To answer your question, I think 'ol Landy pissed off Moyes so regardless of contract it's unlikely,.

On a more serious note, hes one of my fave players and think his pace really helps the side. I'd def use Bily funds on him

Hahaha

tmi2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.