Chelsea and Arsenal Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be disappointed if Arsenal beat us.

Chelsea will be tricky, they look very strong defensively at the moment under Tuchel.

2 draws would be a good return. Not saying to go there looking for a draw but couldn't really grumble with neither of them gaining ground on us.

I remember Pienaar scoring in the snow at the Emirates in the 90th minute to give us the lead and we still didn't win lol

My point is we seem to have a mental block going to those teams away, much like going to Anfield which we have now won there for the first time in 20 odd years. I want us to put this terrible record behind us. I think wins there are needed to take us to the next level, mentally fo rather players it would be massive.

To be honest 2 points would be a decent return here. Stops one catching us, and one getting away from us.

In a weird and bizarre way, two points could be equally as good as three for the same reason.

The Chelsea fixture is the key one. Need a point from that one to avoid getting behind the eight ball.

Arsenal's far enough in the rear view mirror that if they catch us, the other fixtures are to blame.

At the current pace, we need 8 wins from 13 fixtures unless we have several draws. Arsenal's place seems like a good spot to pick one up.

But, as others pointed out, thr first order of business is to beat West Brom, preferably with style.

Status
Not open for further replies.