Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are focusing on the height aspect too much

Cahill would often beat much bigger players to headers because he could jump and time those jumps efficiently

I've seen plenty of shorter powerhouses and also plenty of tall weaklings, just because Adams is 5 ft 9 doesn't mean he's going to automatically be out muscled every time he goes up against bigger players

Oh; Hindsight is such a perfect science you make it sound factual.

If we had bought him last summer and he had turned out to be rubbish, would you now be saying why did we buy this unproven Premier League player instead of going for a proven PL player like Maupay?

Wrong poster; nope, I picked the right one.

Ive supported Onana, Patterson, Mykolenko, Garner, Branthwaite, McNeil, Richarlison, DCL and others from day 1.

At no time were they classed as 'proven' in a positive manner by the majority of our fan base. The only one with premier league consistency was McNeil who maybe 10% rated.

I was also very vocal about NOT wanting to sign Maupay.

I want us to sign u21 aged players NOT premier league proven players. NOT Harriso and NOT Young and certainly NOT Adams.

So yes, you have the wrong poster.

No, I did PL only because, funnily enough, Everton are in the PL.

Maupay has played in French 1st and 2nd division so why would I compare that against Adam's early career in England? Not sure you understand what a fair comparison is.

Well then give them a fair comparison and compare their records in the PL and Championship where they've both played majority of their careers.

If his wages are low he's a great squad addition - just softens the dependence on DCL and now Kermity can develop

No clue if accurate of course;

The Toffees has so far brought in Ashley Young, Arnaut Danjuma, Jack Harrison and teenage striker Youssef Chermiti from Sporting Lisbon.

According to FBRef, Adams earns a wage of £30,000-a-week at St Mary’s Stadium after joining the club for a reported fee of £15million in 2019.

He managed 10 goals and three assists in 35 games across all competitions last season as Southampton suffered relegation to the Championship.

He has more to his game than Maupay tbh
Holding the ball up?!?! By any chance? That is one of the the Adams fanboys shouts doing the rounds ATM.

This is incorrect, a poster put some info up just now which list holding the ball up as a weakness, looking at other scouting sites it does suggest this whole `holding the ball up` line is a myth or a blatant lie.

Unless there is evidence to the contrary.... which there won`t be.

Status
Not open for further replies.